Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

lack of motivation

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

do you ever deal with this?  Sometimes i just don't want to take the extra steps to cook dinner from scratch, or to go deal with the garden or the chickens.   I don't feel like dealing with the prep and clean up of making some chicken stock, or refried beans. I don't feel like canning. I don't feel like buying in bulk and having to repackage to store or freeze....

toddler tantrum   i just don't wanna!!   

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Me,too!

you forgot to add make cleaning supplies, laundry detergent...

i really want to go relax out in the sun with a huge sweet tea and maybe a fruit salad.   I want to go and get my hair washed....

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

LOL  Of course I feel that way at times.  If I can put off the task then I will, but otherwise I just plug through it for my family's sake and then enjoy the satisfaction of a job that's done.  I've also found several ways to cut down on the amount of work involved.

jilligan362
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I've been trying to keep my motivation this week since my dad died Saturday.  So far it's been helping.

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quoting jilligan362:

I've been trying to keep my motivation this week since my dad died Saturday.  So far it's been helping.

sorry for your loss.  hugs.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Feel like it all he time.  But it's worth it.  The money I save by doing all that stuff goes towards the things I really want...

do what I do when I start feeling down...make a coffee, park your butt on the couch and just take 15 minutes to enjoy.  Then get back up and back to it.

tiredmomfor2
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Um yes I feel that way sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thinkpinkBrandy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I am sooo feeling that way today. Blah!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Yes, I've lost all motivation to keep up on the house.  Thankfully my husband and mom have been stepping in and I'm having my baby tomorrow.  I've had really bad pelvic girdle pain that over the last two weeks has been unbearable.  I do the BARE minimum every day and feel so guilty about it, but I don't have the motivation or the energy to do more. :(

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

sounds like you have a pretty good reason to not get anything done! don't feel guilty about it at all!

Quoting PEEK05:

Yes, I've lost all motivation to keep up on the house.  Thankfully my husband and mom have been stepping in and I'm having my baby tomorrow.  I've had really bad pelvic girdle pain that over the last two weeks has been unbearable.  I do the BARE minimum every day and feel so guilty about it, but I don't have the motivation or the energy to do more. :(

rebeccasmly
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Feel like it right now. Dealing with a baby is extremely time consuming and tiring. I forgot how much since my baby is almost 7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN