Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Juice Concentrate?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

In my single days, I only bought pure juice.  Nothing added or anything.  Now that I have two other mouths drinking the juice, it's getting crazy expensive.  

Do the juice concentrates have the same health benefits as fresh juices?  I know they taste a little different, but that aside, are they as good for you?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That I'm not sure about.  I tried to switch to juice concentrate and my kids flat out wouldn't drink it. 

Now, I just stock up when it's on sale, and limit their juice to just a couple of ounces in the morning.  Juice isn't really that great anyway.  It's better to eat the piece of fruit, health-wise.

OliviasMommy611
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
What health benefits? Juice is not healthy! Eat real fruit and veggies. Juice is a waste of money and calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
Getting ready for the WW open house Saturday! Hope they like my decorations!
Tuesday at 8:49 PM
by Adrienne on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM

There are some that are 100% juice. But those are more expensive. So I am wondering if they end up cheaper in the end, I don't think so.  Cause they make a very small amount. And I have to pay for filtered water to add to it.  

I buy 100% juice in bottles at costco and water it down or get juicy juice when it is on sale at Walmart/grocery store.

a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
agreed

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

What health benefits? Juice is not healthy! Eat real fruit and veggies. Juice is a waste of money and calories.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM

I used to mix 50/50 apple juice and kool-aid and let them have 1 glass a day.

Megan11587
by Megan on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM
It offers a lot of vitamins. I know its high calorie, we do not drink it like water.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

agreed

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Megan11587
by Megan on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM
It offers a lot of vitamins. I know its high calorie, we do not drink it like water.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

agreed

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)