Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Is it unromantic to not want...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 45 Replies

Flowers and chocolates on valentines day?

Are you a valentines day type of girl...like all the cutesy and romantic stuff?

Do you get sad if you dont get flowers (and chocolates)?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I dont think its unromantic at all. As much as I love valentines day - I dont think you have to go the traditional route with it. A nice card with something nice wrote in it is just as good in my opinion. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't have chocolates, but flowers would be nice!

I don't expect anything, though.  My DH doesn't even recognize the word "romance".

wulfbourne
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was working it was a bigger deal to me and I think it was because all day I would see deliveries coming in to everyone or hear talk of special plans.  Now that I stay at home I don't care as much.  We're making some home made chocolate covered fruit just because it's fun to do with the kids and I did get DH a card but that's it.  

KimmyShaw
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Its not my thing but my husband likes to get me something and I appreciate it of course:P

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I like getting something, but flowers and chocolate are very cliche IMO. I think it's cool to get other stuff. I got a heart-shaped bamboo plant from my husband. I think if your SO is pretty good about showing his affection throughout the year, then V-day isn't as important. Some guys need that day to remind them to show somebody that they care.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I appreciate it when DH remembers to do something like that for me, but I'm not disappointed if he doesn't.  We're pretty lovey dovey all year, so Valentine's probably isn't as important to me as it would be if he wasn't that way much of the time on his own.

XVAmomma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I couldn't care less! If he brings something home it is just as nice as any other day. But if I don't get flowers or chocolates on Vday I don't feel unappreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I'm not a chocolate and flowers kinda girl..... There is nothing i dred more than the huge chocolate heart box and a scary red teddy bear! LMAO!

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

when my dh gets cut flowers he's either a) in trouble or b) wants something.  lol.

today he got me a live mini rose plant that i can plant in the yard.  I have one already and it thrives here.    I'm not sure where i'm going to plant this one though.....

tiredmomfor2
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I am a very low maintenance kind of gal. I don't want anything today. Lol
I made him promise not to give me anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)