Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Is it unromantic to not want...

Posted by   + Show Post

Flowers and chocolates on valentines day?

Are you a valentines day type of girl...like all the cutesy and romantic stuff?

Do you get sad if you dont get flowers (and chocolates)?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (41-45):
caseyloo
by Casey on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM

We don't do valentine's day at our house.  I don't think it's important at all.  Plus it falls right in between dh's and my birthdays.  I would rather we do great birthdays.  And now ds's birthday is in there too.

caseyloo
by Casey on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome present for you!

Quoting sucker4myloves:

No. My husband DID get me a valentine's gift: On our PS3 he downloaded Final Fantasy 1, 2, 6 and 9 because I hadn't played the first two yet and was missing six and nine from my collection. He also downloaded me Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Best. Presents. Ever. I made him a steak dinner. We both loved our presents :D

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Me don't like chocolate.  Flowers I like. But don't care if I get them or not. 

LadyKiki
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I worked in a floral shop for years, it really burnt me out on flowers. I am not so big on the flower thing and I don't like a whole lot of chocolate. My hubby got me a hair straightner this year for Valentines Day which was something I had been asking for when we had extra money. He also got me a little bear and a pair of socks. I love different designed socks, so I was really happy this year :).

jessesbride
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I don't really care... A card & a homemade special dinner cooked by my DH is perfect!! BUT!!! He likes to cook & while I do the majority of the cooking (cuz it's cheaper & easier if I do lol) I'm not as versatile in my cooking as I'd like to be (working on that).  But if DH didn't spoil me throughout the year (& if my love tank wasn't full to overflowing on a normal basis), then it would be a whole different ball game!!!  Spending $$$ on me isn't as important to me as quality time & acts of service... My 2 STRONGEST love languages lol.  DH's are physical touch & quality time.  Knowing this & making effort for each other makes all the difference in the world!!! I also received 2 dozen daffodils (my fave flowers!!!!) from DH on Saturday...just because he knew I would love them.  ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)