Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

easter plans

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 19 Replies

has anyone started planning for easter?  Its march 31st this yr.

I only know when it is because ds has a bday on the 5th and dd has one on april 20th so i always look when easter is when planning bday parties.

I think ours will end up being at the inlaws house and i'll bring a dessert. Last yr i made chocolate cupcakes with pb frosting and i toasted some coconut to make the frosting look more like a nest.  I then used some starburst jelly beans as eggs    :)    I don't know if i have pics of them anywhere, but they were cute and very tasty. And as a bonus they weren't very expensive to make!

We usually have ham, a layer salad, asperagus or green beans, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole.... i might make some cheddar and herb biscuits to bring there as well.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
We hide eggs and find them with the kids. This year we may get them each baskets but we aren't religious so nothing fancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting AleaKat:

We hide eggs and find them with the kids. This year we may get them each baskets but we aren't religious so nothing fancy.

we aren't religious either.  

We do the basket thing, hide plastic eggs, and color real ones.  

Last yr we decided to get chickens and ended up getting them a wk before easter.  lol.    this yr i have more but have had them since the 1st, so its not as eastery.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM

We keep it simple. We dye eggs. Hide fake eggs, eat the real ones. Sometimes my crazy mom makes it over with Easter Baskets, sometimes not. I usually buy at least one small candy item like peeps for my kids and give them a card.

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No planning here. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM
My stepdads family alway has a huge pot luck (think 100+ people) and egg search in waves by ages for the kids. We usually do our family thing first thing in the am and go there in the afternoon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I'm not Catholic but my family is very Roman Catholic.  We do the Easter Bunny with the kids and stop by my parents for dinner since it's important to them.

caseyloo
by Casey on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

We haven't planned yet.  But we will hopefully do church and then hide eggs for the kids and then head to my inlaws for dinner.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My kids are getting too old for Easter bunny stuff so they'll probably get money....but granddaughter is at a fun age and we may plan an egg hunt just for her!

I'm not big on candy.  I'll probably give the kids money and maybe some snacks.

I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner...the last holiday dinner at the in-laws was a disaster and my parents usually go somewhere else.  We may end up having it at home!

Hanab818
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

probably going to my inlaws. not sure yet because ds2 bday is 2 weeks before.

mammapav
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Go to Church , get together with Family,  and have Dinner.   Dinner is usually is Ham ,  Potatoes , Carrot and Pineapple Salad, Tossed Salad, Asparagus Bundles, Rolls and a Bunny Cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN