Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

The supermarket my husband works at started selling Meat Bundles.  They usually contain about 10lbs of meat (combination of hamburger, pork and chicken) for around $25.  It's saved us a bunch on meat these last few weeks.  I don't know how many supermarkets do this but it's worth checking out.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-15):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Thanks for sharing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I like to try new recipes, so when I was buying the meat bundles, I often had to go to the store and purchase the meat for the recipe. 

A "horror story" that comes to mind is when I was 19 y.o. I used to buy meat bundles all the time.  At the end of the month, I often found myself stuck with three roasts and a package of pork steaks.  As time progressed, one month I ended up with about 6 roasts in the freezer and no plans/money for shopping for four days.  That's why I recommend changing the package every now and then.

Quoting Babujai:

I think there are three different bundles.  I'm not really good with buying meat, so when I was buying everything separately I was still pretty much buying the same things all the time.

Quoting cookin_mama665:

There was a time that all I bought was meat bundles, but I am now finding that sale prices are often much cheaper.   The downside of the meat bundles was that we ate basically the same thing each month.  I would recommend trying different bundles if they are available.

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Our local meat market does this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Thanks for sharing. The local supermarket I went to this week doesn't do this but their are a couple of other stores I can check into Food Lion, Giant, and Wegmans.
MiddleAgeMess
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Heck, all the meat we buy has a bright red "quick sale, out of date" sticker on it. I get our meat at 75% off & as long as I take it home & freeze it ASAP it's as good as paying full price the day before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)