Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Awesome savings this morning

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

I needed to get some stuff for dinner tonight, and decided to go to Safeway because there's a dollar store nearby and I needed some materials for dh's gift. Anyway, I was able to buy the roast I needed for dinner, plus 3 packages of english muffins (which were buy 1 get 2 free so it was totally awesome), also got some veggies, and soy milk for dd. All in all my total was aroun $30 but I ended up paying $18 because of the savings. So, just wanted to share :) Also, I got the materials to make dh's gift (wrapping and everything) for around $10 at the dollar store, which is only half of the amount I budgeted, so all in all, not a bad morning. 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

good job!

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Nice!
Gorilla_Mama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Nice. Whatcha making for DH if you don't mind sharing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I'm intersted too. I got him some gifts but tried my hand at Chinese caligraphy for him and its such a mess lol.

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I'm making him my own version of truth or dare (a more grown up version lol). I bought posterboard to make the cards (which I'll write out myself, I got the ideas from a couple of different websites, plus a post I made in one of my CM groups lol), and a tin to put them in.

Quoting matreshka:

I'm intersted too. I got him some gifts but tried my hand at Chinese caligraphy for him and its such a mess lol.

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Great job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nikaniko
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Great job!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

That is a great deal!

I really like Safeway's meat sales.  Their meat quality is so much better than the store I normally shop at, and when it is on sale it really is a good deal.  I usually go there once a month or so just to stock up on meat.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM

When I want to go shopping, we'll go to Save a lot or Aldi's, but if it's just one or two things I go to Giant because it's closest. I don't do most of my shopping there or if i do it's only off the ad because otherwise its just too expensive, same with Safeway

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

That is a great deal!

I really like Safeway's meat sales.  Their meat quality is so much better than the store I normally shop at, and when it is on sale it really is a good deal.  I usually go there once a month or so just to stock up on meat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)