Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tadpole finally arrived

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 26 Replies

I ordered a tadpole last July, and was told it was to hot to ship at that point. That come Nov it would be shipped. Finally tonight we received our long awaited tadpole. I would recommend that if you are going to do the tadpole- do not order through the company WalMart promotes. I had a great experience with the butterflies( we are doing it again this year) but went with a different company fo the tadpole- it took to long.

Kids are still excited.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember seeing scores of tadpoles in puddles after a good rain when I lived in Georgia. I always wanted to catch some and see if we could grow them into frogs, nobody would allow it. Your kids are gonna have so much fun!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I live in Ga and always saw them at the river growing up. I guess I thought it just happened everywhere cause at first I was thinking why would someone buy a tadpole, but I guess not everyone can just go down to the river. Lol

Quoting sucker4myloves:

I remember seeing scores of tadpoles in puddles after a good rain when I lived in Georgia. I always wanted to catch some and see if we could grow them into frogs, nobody would allow it. Your kids are gonna have so much fun!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I was wondering if I could find tadpoles anywhere near me. In NM we could always find tadpoles and there were no restrictions on getting them. Last summer we did Butterflies, thie summer we want to raise butterflies and lady bugs

Quoting sucker4myloves:

a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I think tadpoles are so neat to watch transform
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I never thought you could buy them, but here in Utah WalMart carries these kits for tadpoles. I haven't done a lot of research, our lakes are frozen.

Quoting victoriaherring:

I live in Ga and always saw them at the river growing up. I guess I thought it just happened everywhere cause at first I was thinking why would someone buy a tadpole, but I guess not everyone can just go down to the river. Lol

Quoting sucker4myloves:

ballerina.2006
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM
We did that. Bought the little kit at Walmart and it took over a year to get :( They died within a few days too so the project didn't work. We refused to try the butterflies.

Part of our issue may be where we live too :( it stinks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:43 PM

We are excited to watch this one grow up. Wish we had more than 1.

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

I think tadpoles are so neat to watch transform

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I bought the butterflies through insectlore http://www.insectlore.com/- no problems with them. This kit for the tadpole was through WalMart- I DO NOT recommend them and plan to blog about my poor experience. I am hoping that the tadpole lives- their letter to me that there was no promise really upset me. The butterfly experience was so fun, came with a poster, stickers, food, pop up tent, and the service was wonderful.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We did that. Bought the little kit at Walmart and it took over a year to get :( They died within a few days too so the project didn't work. We refused to try the butterflies.

ballerina.2006
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'll look at the website! We did the same tadpoles as you are. We were disappointed and searched for frogs outside instead.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I bought the butterflies through insectlore http://www.insectlore.com/- no problems with them. This kit for the tadpole was through WalMart- I DO NOT recommend them and plan to blog about my poor experience. I am hoping that the tadpole lives- their letter to me that there was no promise really upset me. The butterfly experience was so fun, came with a poster, stickers, food, pop up tent, and the service was wonderful.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM

How do you buy a tadpole?! I'm excited to try this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)