Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

it broke...again

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
  • 26 Replies
My laptop that is. This is the 4th time sice aug. I called the warranty place, knowing my warranty was up last month. They agreed to give me a 30 day extension on my warrenty and they will either repair it again, send me a new laptop or send me a check for the amount I paid for it. The warranty has a no lemon policy and mine is definately a lemon! This is so frustrating!
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

What brand do you have?

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Quoting michiganmom116:

What brand do you have?

. Its an Acer
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Yikes sorry to hear of your troubles hope they get it all worked out for you!!

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

what kind is it? 

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I had an acer netbook that lasted about 2 years before the mouse stopped working. Shortly after, the screen broke (but that's my son's fault)

Quoting RosePetalTears:

Quoting michiganmom116:

What brand do you have?

. Its an Acer

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I've had an Acer, HP, MSI, and currently have an ASUS.  I'll never get another Acer or HP.  They CONSTANTLY were breaking!  The MSI had a couple of minor repairs that I was able to do, and the ASUS is built like a rock.

I'm glad they extended the warranty for you!  I bought an extended warranty on the HP, and it's a good thing I did!  They did the same thing...sent me a check for what I paid for it...when the last repair would have cost more than a new one.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

What kind of lap top? Is it an acer by any chance?

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

We have 6 Toshibas in our household.  Wouldn't own any other brand.  Love 'em!

RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Quoting michiganmom116:

I've had an Acer, HP, MSI, and currently have an ASUS.  I'll never get another Acer or HP.  They CONSTANTLY were breaking!  The MSI had a couple of minor repairs that I was able to do, and the ASUS is built like a rock.

I'm glad they extended the warranty for you!  I bought an extended warranty on the HP, and it's a good thing I did!  They did the same thing...sent me a check for what I paid for it...when the last repair would have cost more than a new one.

. I had an hp and hated it! The motherboard went out 6 times on it and I failed a semester in college due to it going out 2 hrs before finals were due for my online classes. I will never get an hp again. They have some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Quoting RosePetalTears:

Quoting michiganmom116:

. I had an hp and hated it! The motherboard went out 6 times on it and I failed a semester in college due to it going out 2 hrs before finals were due for my online classes. I will never get an hp again. They have some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)