Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trip to yellowstone...any ideas???

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
Dh and i plus 2 couples and 8 kids r considering a trip to yellowstone. We all are cheap asses and wanna do it cheap so we will get a cabin together. We dont care how close to yellow stone we are. We wanna find the cheapest possible place to stay with out getting eaten by the bears lol. Any ideas? Anyone do this cheap? I keep finding neat cabins to stay in but we would be fine with a house in town or whatever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM
No idea, but hope you have a wondeful trip. I grew up/spend the 1st 12 yrs of my life about 7 hrs south of there and have never been there. I've heart its gorgeous, though. Maybe look into a bed and breakfast. Some have great rates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Might check newspapers from around there for people who have timeshares they want to rent out.

matreshka
by Valerie on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Go in through West Yellowstone, MT

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM
We did this when we went to Mount Rushmore. I suggest definitely reading some reviews. Our 'cheap cabin' wasn't a cabin, it was a hotel room and it wasn't a very good one. The hotel manager wanted to charge $100/night for the cabin rooms when that's not what the site said. We were disappointed, but since we only stayed there to sleep we didn't let it ruin out trip.
We brought our griddle and made dinners in our room. Fajitas, tacos, spaghetti one night (if you dont have a bunson burner or thay cabin doesn't have a stove you can see if the manager will let you use their kitchen for the noodles. Pack sandwiches for lunch.
Also, pick up all the brochures to the places you wanna see. They often have coupons.
And have fun!! I think next on our list is the Grand Canyon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Also, depending on how late you'll be out you might consider staying closer to the attractions. I wish we had. We were 35min away and driving back was exhausting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)