Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How I can get Sunday paper coupons without buying papers.....legal.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 21 Replies

Last Monday I had to pick a prescription early, for me, about 7 to 8 am. The man who picks ups the papers that did not get sold, said I could pick through the stack of papers and keep the coupon inserts. Yay, make friends with the paper person and I got about 12 inserts. Some are great, Walgreens has a sale on Venus razors and I have a coupon for buy one, get one free! I am going to have to go to three different Walgreens to use them because it says no more than 4 coupons per person per DAY in the same store. Also, Jill's steals and deals has a $2 coupon on ALL laundry soap, and CVS has a buy one and get one offer this week, so print off the coupons from Jill's steals and deals and I will get 4 bottles of ALL for about $2.50 each! Yeah. I am not a big coupon-er, but I do stock up when I find things like this.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Thats great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I tried this but all of the gas stations by me (I was told they're the best places to check) have a guy from the newspaper come and collect the extras.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thats awesome!

THe paper here takes them BACK! :(

If I'm not at the store by 5 am, I dont get a paper, and someone steals my delivery inserts, I dont even try anymore. I just buy them from a lady in california.

Oh by the way, savingstar.com.. they have 5$ back on 15$ worth of all detergent if you link your card. Might help :)

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Montgomery, Alabama, where I live may be the Capitol of the State, but it is really like a small town that just happens to have the title AND two massive Air Force bases.  If those bases ever close, this place will be a wide spot in the road.  So, even though it is a big city, it has many small town things.  The Winn-Dixie I shop at has ONLY 25 parking spaces!  And it is always full.  So, I live in a small town that is the State Capitol.  There are just over 206,000 people who live in the City of Montgomery, with another 100,000 who live in the County of Montgomery.  See the map below, the red area is the City, the black outline is the County boundaries.  Alabama is huge!  Then note that Montgomery County is only one of many large counties. 

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Everett, Massachusetts, where I grew up has a population density of 12,255 people per square mile!  Montgomery, Alabama, where I live now has a population density of 290 people per square mile.

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:29 PM

That's awesome and lucky you. I need to do this!

happyscrapn
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM

ebay isa great place to get them.  Or couponclippers . com

RoseWall
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

find a friend or neighbor who gets the paper and is willing to give the coupons to you when they are done. i give coupons away. i usually find people who want them in my family. or the next door neighbors. sometimes look at wanted ads on cl.  or i post an ad in the free section that i am giving them away.then i meet folks at the local grocery store and give them the coupons at the front entrance.

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
5 moms liked this

I keep a roll of scotch tape in my purse any coupons I cannot use, I tape onto the item in the commissary.  I like to see people's surprise when they see they can get what they needed with a little 'bonus' off, too.

kerryket
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this

Lol, I leave them on the shelf right in front of the product:)

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I keep a roll of scotch tape in my purse any coupons I cannot use, I tape onto the item in the commissary.  I like to see people's surprise when they see they can get what they needed with a little 'bonus' off, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)