Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Thinking of trying partylite

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yes, I know people say it's a pyramid scheme, but I like their stuff so much anyway I figure it's worth joining for the discountI know a lot of people who buy it too, seems legitimate. I don't have my hopes too high, I figure with some hard work I could turn it into a decent part time job, get $400-$800 a month. Has anyone done this before, any advice?  Have you tried a network marketing job in general?

shrugging

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Jen on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I havent tried it, but i love their candles :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I have a different home business and I'm a firm believer that it works if you do. :) Good luck to you!

ksipek05
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried Partylite for 6 months and I couldn't make any money. That was just me though. You have to have a great network to make your business work! I didn't have a great network at the time. I will tell you that in order to get your 50% discount you do have to sell $500 a month. Make sure you have all of the facts before you make your decision. I do Mary Kay now and couldn't be happier! When you have the passion for something it will work. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

if u like the products and use them...why not...

Emelyn_loves_31
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

It's not a pyramid.  People often confuse direct sales with pyramids.  With a direct sales business you can make money without recruiting others (although not as much, but you still can).

If you're going to buy the product anyway, why not?  You'll get a discount.

I do Tupperware and Thirty-One.  I've been doing 31 for 3 years now, and when I was really active (meaning 1-2 parties a month because I worked full time), I was making about $250-$300 a month.  Obviously the more you work it, the better you'll do.  Tupperware, I just started, but I expect I'll have similar results.

If you ever want to trade discounts, let me know!  I love Partylite.!

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Go for it!  I think it all depends on what you want out of it.  Set your goals to a realistic levels and take the steps you need to reach them.  Become a student of marketing.  Promote your business and you should do just fine!  Best of luck!

Clynn301
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Quoting Emelyn_loves_31:

It's not a pyramid.  People often confuse direct sales with pyramids.  With a direct sales business you can make money without recruiting others (although not as much, but you still can).

If you're going to buy the product anyway, why not?  You'll get a discount.

I do Tupperware and Thirty-One.  I've been doing 31 for 3 years now, and when I was really active (meaning 1-2 parties a month because I worked full time), I was making about $250-$300 a month.  Obviously the more you work it, the better you'll do.  Tupperware, I just started, but I expect I'll have similar results.

If you ever want to trade discounts, let me know!  I love Partylite.!

excellent!  what's 31?

Clynn301
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Quoting ksipek05:

I tried Partylite for 6 months and I couldn't make any money. That was just me though. You have to have a great network to make your business work! I didn't have a great network at the time. I will tell you that in order to get your 50% discount you do have to sell $500 a month. Make sure you have all of the facts before you make your decision. I do Mary Kay now and couldn't be happier! When you have the passion for something it will work. Good luck!

Can I pick your brain a bit?  How long ago did you do it?  What kind of compensation plan do they have?  How much is a tax write off?  What was it like starting?  What do you have to do to continue to be an active consultant?  I heard you had to have at least 6 parties booked to begin with, is that true?  What was your impression of the leadership?  How did you feel about the quality of the product?  I really wanna be selling a good quality product, I haven't bought from them in a while cause it was one of those frivolous things I decided to give up when the economy went bad.  Apprieciate your feedback so much!!!

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I was once part of nu skin for the sake of my cousin. It was okay but I have no interest in generating sales.

Emelyn_loves_31
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM

The basic commission for Partylite is 25% commission on your sales.  And once you reach $2000 in sales in a month, you get an extra 7%.   (I know because a friend tried to recruit me).

I suggest you schedule your first two parties before you even sign up.  I think they have an option where if you schedule a party first and you make a certain amount in sales, you don't have to pay up front for your kit.  $350 in sales is pretty reasonable.  My first 31 party had 4 guests, and I had $350 in sales.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)