Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

cheap or free internet?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 28 Replies

Any ways to get cheap or free internet i know the library for one but other than that any ideas. need it for work purposes and looking to downsize what i pay a month. I know I can write it off, but still would like a cheaper bill. TY

DS1 18

DS2 17

2 angel babies

TTC#3 6 years

http://www.cafemom.com/home/rubybabypsychic

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rubybabypsychic
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Doesnt matter how fast as long as not super slow

pampire
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:27 AM

BUMP!

chrissysnow22
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Only places I know that are free is like coffee shops and I don't know how reliable that would be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bookworm14
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I use SkyWeb at home. They turn your house into a wifi hot spot. $31.95 a month. I've been quite happy with it! I just need to get a router booster to help the signal in other areas of the house. Otherwise I'm happy with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Something we were thinking of doing here in the multi-family home we live in is offering a "guest network" off of our internet and charging a cheap fee.  I read about it by people who live in apartment complexes doing it and how to keep it secure.  I have seen some prepaid wifi thingamajigs you can buy from Virgin Mobile.  Its a cheaper fee and you buy a wifi receptor and pay monthly fee cheaper than cable or DSL.

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't know where you can get free Internet unless you are using wi-fi, but then that's kind of stealing in away if you are using it all the time.  I would suggest calling around and speaking to different companies.  Like Comcast, Centery Link, your phone company, cell phone companies offer plans. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

sigh my husband is a online gamer and we have to have like the sonic speed internet for his games to work.  sucks!!!  but it is the little things that make him happy LOL.  we pay $65 for ours bundled.  It would be over 75 without the cable bundle

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm not really sure.  We're bundled with our landline and cable. 

rubybabypsychic
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Thanks guys if I move into an apartment i know some offer free wii fi so i am thinking of that while downsizing. I do most of my work by email so actually speed is not as important just trying to get ideas right now.Nothing I plan on switching to right away. Thanks

rubybabypsychic
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Well I was probably going to do away with my cable I pay over a 100 a month for it with my internet combined. I also have a cell phone and prefer keeping the cell over adding a home phone line

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN