Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I cut my cable bill in half!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 30 Replies
4 moms liked this
Thought this would be the perfect place to post this.

I att uverse for my cable and Internet and my bill is usually 120 every month.

Well I was looking at ways to cut expenses since the price of everything is rising and I haven't had a raise in 2 years so I decided to call them and ask if they could lower my bill.

I'm on the lowest cable package and second to lowest Internet so it's not like they can just lower my packages so I called and simply asked. I told them that the cable was a luxury and if I needed to cut bills that would be the first I'd cut even though I don't want to and asked if there was any discounts they could give me. I was super polite saying thank you and please any chance I could and after putting me on hold for about 10 minutes she came back and told me she had lowered my bill to 60 and some change WITH tax!!!

I thanked her of course but didnt truly believe it until I got my bill today and saw that yes they did cut my bill in half!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyKiki
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

You got a really great person on the phone!

I did that once, we have had their service for years and I asked if there was any way to cut my bill. They said no, so I had to cancel for awhile so I could save money. The person on the phone was flat and could care less if I had service with them.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM
When I'm not happy with the person on the phone Ill call back and talk to someone else. I do that a LOT with my cell company, Verizon, and Ill say the last person I spoke to didn't understand me or couldn't help but I'm hoping you can.

Quoting LadyKiki:

I did that once, we have had their service for years and I asked if there was any way to cut my bill. They said no, so I had to cancel for awhile so I could save money. The person on the phone was flat and could care less if I had service with them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Thanks, I'm actually pretty darn proud of myself. My rent went up 60 bucks a month and I had already cut corners to pay that and now this. It really will help a lot.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM

awesome

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

It IS a great feeling.  It really makes you feel like you are in control of your finances instead of the other way around.  It's empowering.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Thanks, I'm actually pretty darn proud of myself. My rent went up 60 bucks a month and I had already cut corners to pay that and now this. It really will help a lot.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Great job!

_Mrs.H_
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

That is great!

specialwingz
by Corey on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:57 AM

This would be Time Warner, as well.  =/

Quoting LadyKiki:

a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Good job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flprincessmom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

so what is it that was switched or dropped to give you that savings? I would love to be able to save $$$ on my bill!!! I am with Comcast sarcasmand from what I have seen, they pretty much have a monopoly here, complex will not allow dishes or newly installed equipment...frustrated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)