Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I cannot wait to read the entire process.

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KateyBrands
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Love love love her blog!!!!!!!! She is awesome!! Definatley an inspiration!

CafeMom Tickers
nebcutie
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Tagging myself to read this on the computer. Thanks for sharing! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nmaxwell816
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I need to read this blog and ask to move in..lol

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Bump
a_and_j_momma
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Thanks!
beachbeauty
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I've looked at her blog through pinterest.  She has some great tips on grocery shopping once a month, but otherwise I didn't find her very inspiring.  I think what bothers me is that the reason they live on so little is that they bought and paid off cars while they were making more money and saved up cash to buy a foreclosure, again while they were making more money.  So because they did all of that they can live on less now.  If they had to pay rent or a mortgage they wouldn't be able to do it.

birdiemom
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Marking my spot. Thanks for sharing
greenishgirl
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I agree. Seriously, if we had no debt and didn't have to pay rent we could live off practically nothing every month. My grocery budget is less than hers (we only have three mouths to feed here). We have a ridiculously good rate on car insurance and we don't pay for Hulu or Netflix. It's great for them though it doesn't do me any good to hear, "hey, get out of debt, buy a house with cash and then live off $14,000 a year." We have a lot of hurdles to get over before that happens in our family.

Quoting beachbeauty:

I've looked at her blog through pinterest.  She has some great tips on grocery shopping once a month, but otherwise I didn't find her very inspiring.  I think what bothers me is that the reason they live on so little is that they bought and paid off cars while they were making more money and saved up cash to buy a foreclosure, again while they were making more money.  So because they did all of that they can live on less now.  If they had to pay rent or a mortgage they wouldn't be able to do it.

matreshka
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I think most American families are in this situation, there are so many hurdles for all of us us.  Right now we rent, we HAVE to, there is no other option besides the street.

Quoting greenishgirl:

I agree. Seriously, if we had no debt and didn't have to pay rent we could live off practically nothing every month. My grocery budget is less than hers (we only have three mouths to feed here). We have a ridiculously good rate on car insurance and we don't pay for Hulu or Netflix. It's great for them though it doesn't do me any good to hear, "hey, get out of debt, buy a house with cash and then live off $14,000 a year." We have a lot of hurdles to get over before that happens in our family.

Quoting beachbeauty:

beachbeauty
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

That's it exactly, I just didn't find her relatable at all, her situation is rare.  It's not very common for a family not living with parents to not have to pay something for housing.  It's great that they live within their means, but really the only "tip" I learned from her blog was how to make fruits and veggies last all month.  I don't think their lifestyle is something that most people can do.

Quoting matreshka:

I think most American families are in this situation, there are so many hurdles for all of us us.  Right now we rent, we HAVE to, there is no other option besides the street.

Quoting greenishgirl:

Quoting beachbeauty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)