Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Discounts on Educational Products?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I am totally new here but am a frualista momma! I was hoping you could share some ideas on where you find discounts on educational products for your kids. I found a site today that launches April 2 but I'm looking for discounts now. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mrs. Kate

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

what kind of educational products?  toys?  books?  homeschool materials?  videos?

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Well, there's always Amazon. 

Beyond that, I echo what Michiganmom asked.  What kind of educational products? 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I have seen some great stuff at the dollar store

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Oriental trading has great stuff I buy, then I also look at freecycle.org.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/?stop_mobi=yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

A blog I follow:  moneysavingmom.com  lists free or very cheap homeschool resources once a week, of course you wouldn't neccessarily have to be homeschooling to take advantage of all of them.

LadyKiki
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I always hit up Goodwill and Once Upon a Child. Don't always find what you are looking for, but something it can be surprising what they have and at low prices. When my son was in therapy, I would make weakly trips to see if I could find things that would help him.

I had a ton of toys and books. He was in first steps, the therapist have to buy all their own stuff. So when he hit four and finally was done with some of the toys since he was catching up with his peers, I emailed one of his past therapist from the program and told her I had a bunch of stuff if she wanted to come and get it for her and other therapist. It was nice to give back a little to someone that had made such a big impact in our lives :).

mrskate
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Yeah, I found this site the other day that Money Saving Mom blogged about, called Educents.com. They are launching April 2 and was wondering if anyone else has heard of them? Since I saw her post, I've heard about them in the blogosphere a lot. I'm hoping they will have some really great products I can buy to help my kidlets. I'm really looking for foreign language, flashcard sets, art kits, etc. Just fun things to do with the kids over the summer or after school. I know that when I work with my kids learning, they feel more confident when they go to school. I just don't want it to break the bank.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm going to take a few of the suggestions below and see what I come up with.

NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:08 PM

www.newegg.com

NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

You can also go to Scholastic.com for learning aids, books, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)