Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my poor baby is sick again EDIT. in ER

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 18 Replies
Had to take Jacob to urgent care tonight. He had a fever of 102.5 and looked miserable. They diagnosed him with another ear infection in one month. :-(

Well since it was late the target pharmacy was already closed so i had to go to walgreens. This has only been his second prescription ever but target didn't have issues getting the insurance authorization. But walgreens did. Talked To 3 different representatives and none could find him listed on our prescription coverage. To me that was really weird. But i really didn't want to wait until tomorrow to go to target cuz he was so miserable. The customer line for our insurance was closed to. My only other option was to pay the $50 out of pocket for the antibiotics and decongestant was $25. And since the Dr called it in together i had to get both at the same time. I don't even know if it could be transferred to target tomorrow anyway.

Well the pharmacist was very nice and trusted me when i said target has his correct info to bill our insurance so she let me take it tonight so Jacob could start getting better tonight. She will call target tomorrow to get the info they never. Its nice to know that people still care more about us than the profits of a company.

Edit- In the ER. His temp shot up to 104.9 after having motrin. No ear infection. Trying to get him to pee in a bag to test for bladder/kidney infections. His lungs and all sound good. Update when we get discharged.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Valerie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I hope he gets better soon!  I'm glad the pharmacy at walgreens was nice to you.  I have to use CVS as part of my plan and unfortunately they have been awful to me.

nmaxwell816
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM
That is so sweet. Hopefully everything gets clearer up
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I'm glad they were working with you. Hope the baby feels better.

ria7
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Totally off the subject but have you looked into Chiropractic care for ear infections? I didn't know anything about it until my baby got an ear infection. Very interesting just google it! 

happy2bmom25
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM
You should take him to a chiropractor for rar infection prevention.
tnovak
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM

My son is 14 months and in the past 8 weeks has had 2 single and one double ear infections.  Its crazy and no fun for the mom!

chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Oh poor kid. im glad there are still nice people in the world.
gregsgrl04
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM
:-( poor baby. Hang in there mommy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Aww. I hope he feels better. Walgreens is always great at dealing with customers in a caring way.

ciao_kitty
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Aw...I hope you guys feel better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)