Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you have a stand alone freezer?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 38 Replies

Do you have a stand alone freezer? I was thinking about getting one for stocking up on things when they are on sale. Did you notice a hike in your electric bill? Do you find it useful to have one? Pros, Cons?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megan11587
by Megan on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I want one!!
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
No I don't right now but I'd like to have one at some point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caseyloo
by Casey on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Not yet, but I really would like one.

greenishgirl
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM

WE have one and it did make our electric bill go up... can't remember how much exactly. Every once in awhile I think about getting rid of it to save on electricity but then I look at all the food I can fit in there and the ready made meals and all the sale stuff that I would never fit into our fridge freezer and I can't bear the thought of not having it!

ciao_kitty
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I fantasize about having one. And I also fantasize about all the stuff I could stock up on. Geeze, I'm totally a dork. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Yes we do... I love it... however right now it's in storage :(

pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM

We have a deep freeze in the garage.  I don't really think our bill went up.  My husband hunts so it holds all of the meat from his trips. 

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Yes we have one.  Don't recall our bill going up (we've had it a few years).  We bought it used for $75 but it was only a few years old.

There is no way I would get rid of it.  I freeze excess produce from our garden in the summer for the winter.  I also make HUGE batches of refried beans from dried beans.  Saves me so much money and it's a lot cheaper!

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I had one but, it didn't make the move from MN to TX.  It was getting old anyway.  I do miss it a lot, though.  We got a new fridge last summer.  So, the old one is in the garage for extra freezer space.  We also keep the majority of our milk in the fridge in the garage.  We just keep 1 at a time in the fridge in the house.

I totally plan on getting another chest freezer in the future.

lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I do have a huge stand up freezer. I didnt notice much difference on my electricity but ive had it for yrs so i dont remeber not having it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)