Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

How much will my electric heating bill be?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 43 Replies
Hi. I live near Chicago, Illinois and we are about to move into a 2 bedroom apartment and my dad is really scaring me with the cost of the electric bill since the heat is electric. Anyone have any experience?
Also any tips on how to keep that cost down would be greatly appreciated :) !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Keep the heat down at night and when you're not home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg0620
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Bump
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Nope, but you can always call the company and ask what the last tenant paid and that should give you an idea. 

AllofFive19
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Call the electric department and have them give you an estimate of your electric bill based on the past year's usage. 

To keep the electric bill down, make sure all electric items are turned off, down, and/or unplugged when you are not using them. 

Remeber on the heat, if you didn't have electric heat you'd be paying a gas bill, so of course it's going to be a bit higher. 

meg0620
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM
It's electric heating and my dad was telling me that its gonna be super expensive so i just want to know an estimate of what im looking at for my electric bill. Im really nervous now!

Quoting AllofFive19:

Call the electric department and have them give you an estimate of your electric bill based on the past year's usage. 

To keep the electric bill down, make sure all electric items are turned off, down, and/or unplugged when you are not using them. 

Remeber on the heat, if you didn't have electric heat you'd be paying a gas bill, so of course it's going to be a bit higher. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

there are too many variables for anybody to be able to predict what your heating bill will be

meg0620
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I know that. I was asking if anyone was ever had an experience and if so, share what they were paying and any tips to keep the cost down.

Quoting Moki75:

there are too many variables for anybody to be able to predict what your heating bill will be

redheadstar
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Mine is $120 this month, last month was $130, it is usually $75 and up, it might be of the cold weather we are having, dont think its something on the electric company screw up.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Electric company can give you an idea based on previous tenant or avg for the complex. I am in CA so my 105 a month is going to be diff than chicago winter bills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meg0620
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Where do you live and how big is your place?

Quoting redheadstar:

Mine is $120 this month, last month was $130, it is usually $75 and up, it might be of the cold weather we are having, dont think its something on the electric company screw up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN