Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I think we're going to start meal planning. I'm getting really frustrated with figuring out last minute what we're going to make for dinner. 

Anyone else do this? How does it work when you don't have a huge freezer (top Freezer with the Fridge) and only have about $250-300 a month to spend on food for 4 people (1 kid, 1 teenage boy, 2 adults)?

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (51-52):
SissyMacK
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I meal plan very loosely.  Since I shop every other week, I make a list of 14 dinner options for the period and make them at random.  Lunch is always left overs and breakfast is cold cereal or bagels and cream cheese. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:28 AM

You'll need a bar of Ivory or Fels Naptha or Zote soap, some washing soda (different than baking soda), and some borax (found in the laundry aisle).  You may also want some Oxyclean powder, that's up to you if you decide to make powdered detergent.

There are so many "recipes" out there that you just have to Google and decide which one you want!

Quoting ktinaza:

Lol I meant to say I want to know how to make it please

Quoting michiganmom116:

Nah....that's something each person chooses for themselves.

Quoting ktinaza:

Wow so I have to know how to make laundry soap??

Quoting michiganmom116:

From my blog, August 2009:

Saving money and eating well...can it be done?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)