Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frugal ideas that don't work for you

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 108 Replies
Ok so not everything works for everybody no matter how great it sounds.

What are some frugal tips you don't follow and why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
occumommy
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this
Cloth diapers, mainly because i do not have a washer and dryer so it`s just impractical. Reusable sanitary pads, both because of the impracticality, and it just kinda grosses me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

so glad to hear it's not just me. I heard about those (the sanitary pads) and I was like, eew

Quoting occumommy:

Cloth diapers, mainly because i do not have a washer and dryer so it`s just impractical. Reusable sanitary pads, both because of the impracticality, and it just kinda grosses me out.

ballerina.2006
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM
5 moms liked this
Couponing, extreme and normal. I can't wrap my brain around it. It makes zero sense to me unless it is simple like "save 50 cents on 1" and I'm already buying that item. I just don't see the savings in "buy 3 and save 30 cents".

Lowering house temperature at night. I have never seen savings by doing this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I agree with the couponing. Its not that i don't use coupons. I won't shop at childrens place with out one but its on my email. I do like digital coupons that i can use through email or an app. Like Michael's usually has one on their app. But i won't buy a paper just to clip

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Couponing, extreme and normal. I can't wrap my brain around it. It makes zero sense to me unless it is simple like "save 50 cents on 1" and I'm already buying that item. I just don't see the savings in "buy 3 and save 30 cents".

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Meal planning. I have tried!! But its impossible for us to stick to. Hopefully that changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM
That's Ewe to me too. I tried cloth diapers with my oldest and it was just too gross for me. And after spending the money on the diapers and laundering and the time. It wasn't worth it to me because i buy sposies in bulk. And i was given a ton when he wasborn

Quoting boshs1andonly:

so glad to hear it's not just me. I heard about those (the sanitary pads) and I was like, eew

Quoting occumommy:

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean. My mood changes too much. It works better for me.to stock up on sale items and plan a few days ahead with what i have. And when i get my wic weekly or bi weekly i can pick up something i don't have to complete a meal to go with what i have.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Meal planning. I have tried!! But its impossible for us to stick to. Hopefully that changes.
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

it's a lot harder to do meal planning when I've got another adult to account for. He does his share of cooking and grocery shopping, but it's just a little more complicated. but i'm trying to get back into the routine because i eat so much better and don't eat out as much when I meal plan

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM

last christmas (dd was born in dec) we got so many diapers we didn't need to buy any until March. the same thing happened again this time. so disposable diapers are just easier. i have a hard enough time keeping up with laundry, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if we did cloth diapering

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

That's Ewe to me too. I tried cloth diapers with my oldest and it was just too gross for me. And after spending the money on the diapers and laundering and the time. It wasn't worth it to me because i buy sposies in bulk. And i was given a ton when he wasborn

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Quoting occumommy:

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 6:00 PM

i try to do couponing, but I can't usually find coupons for what I need. I find that I save way more by buying on ad. I usually save 25-35% on each trip that way.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)