Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

frugal ideas that don't work for you

Ok so not everything works for everybody no matter how great it sounds.

What are some frugal tips you don't follow and why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (101-108):
Shopsha0911
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

couponing and stocking up

AuntTeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Quoting occumommy:

Cloth diapers, mainly because i do not have a washer and dryer so it`s just impractical. Reusable sanitary pads, both because of the impracticality, and it just kinda grosses me out.

AuntTeen
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I never heard of reusable sanitary pads until I starting seeing it on CM. Can't imagine how that works. Do you have to wash them?
newwifenmom
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Meal planning doesn't work for us, buying in bulk does not work for us, we have nowhere to put all of the stuff. I'm not into cloth diapering, cloth TP or anything reusable for my period.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I used to coupon but don't anymore. I have been losing weight and honestly, what I was buying before doesnt fit with my lifestyle change:)

I also don't do a lot of what's already been mentioned here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I do not use a lot of coupons.  Only occasionally.  I find that buying generic when I can and sticking to a list works better for me... Then I only buy things I really use.  I don't have to spend lots of time clipping and organizing coupons either. 

I do not use cloth diapers, or sanitary products.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with laundry as it is!  LOL. Plus cleaning poop is just nasty!  I get my more than I want of cleaning poopy pants when I am potty training! 

I do not make my own laundry detergent.  I do use less than the recommended ammount though.  And I use vinegar in the wash and dryer balls in the dryer instead of fabric softener. 

elijahsmama09
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:54 AM

The only thing I wont do is family cloth...just can not do it. Ew. 

amberlyp
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Have you tried shampooing your roots and conditioning your ends? I started this a few years ago and my hair can go four days without a wash now. The runoff of suds is enough to clean the rest of your hair. You'll feel super weird doing it the first time or two but after that its normal.:)

Quoting sleepymommy87:

My scalp is always oily and my ends are always dry no matter what I do. :c

Quoting shannzuno:

Omg i love no poo!!!

Quoting sleepymommy87:

No poo. I can't imagine my hair if i went no poo lol it'd be a hot mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN