Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What do you spend in a month on gas??

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  • 47 Replies
We are spending more on gas than on groceries, or pretty much anything. Just curious how much your monthly tab at the pump is lately? Also, what type of vehicle you have (gas guzzler or no) and how far your commute is daily. DH and I have a small SUV and a large pickup truck. My SUV is paid off but is a gas hog. And his truck can last almost two weeks on a full tank which costs about $120. So I would say we spend about $550-$650/month on gas between the two of us. It's insane! We also live about 17 miles outside of town where DH works. About 35 miles outside of where I work, and about 30 miles the opposite direction of where I go to school. So I'm driving on average easily 75 miles per day, sometimes more than that. My SUV usually costs around $50 to fill up and I have to fill it about once every 5-6 days.
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AjCeCeMom
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
About $700-800.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moogsmom03
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quote:

About $700-800.

Ok, that makes me feel better! At least I'm not alone :)
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
$70ish. Dh works about 8miles from home and we have one car. We drive a Toyota Scion which gets, I think 27 on the highway. It costs about $30 to fill up, which we do, twice a month. If we go anywhere, like to my moms, we fill up extra so I think we average $70.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moogsmom03
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Quote:

$70ish. Dh works about 8miles from home and we have one car. We drive a Toyota Scion which gets, I think 27 on the highway. It costs about $30 to fill up, which we do, twice a month. If we go anywhere, like to my moms, we fill up extra so I think we average $70

That's great! I sure wish we spent that!
nebcutie
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM
In a month my dh spends $240, i would say around $100 for me just depends on what i am up to that month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

About $120 a month for our Hyundai Elantra as opposed to the $400+ we were spending last year when we still had our Malibu!!Hubby has a 2 hour commute (roundtrip) 5-6 days a week and we live 10 minutes from the closest grocery store,everything else is atleast 20 minutes away and we're always on the go on the weekends .LOVE,LOVE,LOVE how much we've saved since getting rid of the Malibu!

moogsmom03
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quote:

About $120 a month for our Hyundai Elantra as opposed to the $400+ we were spending last year when we still had our Malibu!!Hubby has a 2 hour commute (roundtrip) 5-6 days a week and we live 10 minutes from the closest grocery store,everything else is atleast 20 minutes away and we're always on the go on the weekends .LOVE,LOVE,LOVE how much we've saved since getting rid of the Malibu

That's great! I've actually considered getting rid of my suv and getting a newer vehicle that has better gas mileage but I'm afraid that then I'd still spend a lot on gas and have a second car payment. Plus We literally live in the woods and our house is a mile off the main road, with a hilly, dirt road to get there and I have to have 4wd or AWD, which right now, I have both. So I really don't know which would be better at this point.
OliviasMommy611
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
300 for 2 Toyota camrys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4boys2002
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
About 400 I have a large SUV I put 50 a week my husband drives the small car to work. I use the car to do my errands I work from home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
$160-200 depending on gas prices (3.99 last I looked 2 days ago).

I fill up once a pay check and that has to last 2 weeks. I drive a Yukon and gas is outrageous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)