Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

What do you spend in a month on gas??

Posted by   + Show Post
We are spending more on gas than on groceries, or pretty much anything. Just curious how much your monthly tab at the pump is lately? Also, what type of vehicle you have (gas guzzler or no) and how far your commute is daily. DH and I have a small SUV and a large pickup truck. My SUV is paid off but is a gas hog. And his truck can last almost two weeks on a full tank which costs about $120. So I would say we spend about $550-$650/month on gas between the two of us. It's insane! We also live about 17 miles outside of town where DH works. About 35 miles outside of where I work, and about 30 miles the opposite direction of where I go to school. So I'm driving on average easily 75 miles per day, sometimes more than that. My SUV usually costs around $50 to fill up and I have to fill it about once every 5-6 days.
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (41-47):
a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM
$400 - 600
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ablox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM
$300 for a Honda civic and a Honda accord. My commute is 80 miles a day and fiancées is about 30. He only withs three days a well though and I work 5
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nailz98
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

We spend on average around $800 amonth. Hubby has to travel an hour just to get to work. His jeep is a gas guzzler, it get around 10 mpg, so he tries to drive his car as much as possible, that get around 20. My van is to bad on gas I average 17 mpg.

Shopsha0911
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM

We spend about $600, two SUV's and a 8 cylinder sedan. My SUV and the sedan have been paid off for years and are huge gas hogs. My husband has a new SUV and ity's no better.  We both work very close to home. I am one mile and my huband is about 10 miles. My daughter drives the third car to school and work and when my son is home from college he used this car as well. We do pay for gas for our kids which I want to get away from, the car they are driving does not have an accurate gas gage so we go by miles. When the car gets to 150 miles they fill it up. Its a crazy system but it works for now. 

Shopsha0911
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Wow, I thought my SUV was bad at 13 miles to the gallon. 

Quoting nailz98:

We spend on average around $800 amonth. Hubby has to travel an hour just to get to work. His jeep is a gas guzzler, it get around 10 mpg, so he tries to drive his car as much as possible, that get around 20. My van is to bad on gas I average 17 mpg.

kaitybird
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Less than $200 a month and this is to fill a Kia Optima and a Ford F-150.  DH works about 1 mile from home and on days when dd gets a ride it is about 5 miles round trip to take her to school.  Plus everything is located within less than 10 mile radius of where we live!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:43 AM

$500 at least.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN