Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Do you make your kids wear...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you buy the majority of your kids clothes second hand?

Options:

I buy clothes brand new

I buy/trade second hand clothing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

Second hand clothing? I do. Well, actually I don't "make" them, but that's what I buy or get from friends normally. My DD9 loves it because she knows that she gets way more clothes this way than she does when I do shop at the store. I'm sure this won't last forever as she gets older she'll want new stuff which is understandable, but getting clothes second hand is a HUGE money saver for my family! I think I spend about $100/year if that, on two kids buy going to the big church rummage sales twice a year and getting what they need. Plus I usually buy new boots, coats, snow pants, in Feb when they're super discounted at the stores. So those are almost always new, but I never pay a lot for them. What do you do to save money on kids clothing?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Replies (41-42):
Vertical15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I don't MAKE them do i t but I buy them that way and they have yet to complain but they are still young, too.  I'll save while I can and even once they start asking I'll probably try to save somehow!

lyrick24
by Melissa on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

i buy some used and some on clearance at the end of the seasons. get very good prices on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN