Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Easter Baskets :)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 60 Replies

Just curious

What everyones putting in the kiddos Easter baskets this year?

I'm thinking a small lego set, and a book or two along with the usual chocolate bunny and some other small goodies for my 2 boys.

Do you go all out for Easter baskets or keep it simple?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I don't do a basket anymore.  DD is 12, so I buy something fun for Easter.

mommy_madilyn
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
My daughter will be 17 months so I'm going to put a little chocolate bunny, crayons and coloring books, and a stuffed bunny. My son will be 5 months so I'm going to give him a little stuffed bunny and a chewable book
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

That sounds good! Know what your getting for her this year yet? 

Quoting AzariahsMother:

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Have no clue yet...lol!  We have really cut out candy and sweets so I am thinking some idea of activity or make her something from Michael's.

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That's exactly what I did for my boys at those ages too! Now both my boys are addicted to legos right now lol so they are gonna get a small set of those.

Quoting mommy_madilyn:

My daughter will be 17 months so I'm going to put a little chocolate bunny, crayons and coloring books, and a stuffed bunny. My son will be 5 months so I'm going to give him a little stuffed bunny and a chewable book

choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I just realized it was at the end of this month this year lol! I was just in Target and it got me thinking, we have cut out a lot of candy and sweets this year too. I'd much rather do a toy, movie, craft, ect instead of a bunch of junk candy.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Have no clue yet...lol!  We have really cut out candy and sweets so I am thinking some idea of activity or make her something from Michael's.

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Lionpaw
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I started buying we Easter went on clearance last year! Neither she or I really like candy. So she's getting toys, fruits, and some home made choc covered strawberries.

It's her first Easter Basket. Got some spring themed books, egg shape chalk set, coloring stuff. And I'm still looking for ideas.

My littlest will get a pushing and a teething ring..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Dd is 13 and we still do Easter baskets.  She's never been into candy.  A couple years ago I figured out that she wanted a bunch of snacks for her lunches, you know the stuff I'll never buy.  Lol. So now I fill a basket with some junk food.  She eats one or two a week and they last forever.  

Anniea90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep in it simple. Couple things of candy and a couple of cute things. call it done. my mom will probably put a couple things in too.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I really don't know yet. I know for my 13month old I'll get a sippy cup and some toddler treats. Maybe a book or 2 for my 6 and 7yo and a bunny and some candy. Barbie outfit for my 7yo and a summer outfit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)