Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Just curious

What everyones putting in the kiddos Easter baskets this year?

I'm thinking a small lego set, and a book or two along with the usual chocolate bunny and some other small goodies for my 2 boys.

Do you go all out for Easter baskets or keep it simple?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Replies (51-60):
MooreBoysMama
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
This puppy was the absolute first baby toy that got donated. It drove DH and I up the wall. It starts out cute and well......you will find out soon enough!!! LOL.

Enjoy :)

Quoting Jacob1211:

I got my 3 month old son the Cars basket for $10 at Target along with the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn puppy. It is normally $19.99 but reduced to $15.19 and there is both a Target and a manufacturer coupon for $5 each off. Combined that makes it $5.19! Awesome gift!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
So I have got a bunch of Imaginext Super Heros and Star Wars figures that boys don't have yet. A large remote control crane that is a shared gift. Pirate books with stickers & a journal for each. Puzzles. Not sure what else.

We do a egg hunt (plastic filled with money and candy) in the back yard. I buy Fannie Mae white chocolate bunnies on stick for their baskets and some peeps.

Last year DH went way over board and spent over $200 on stuff for them. We are downsizing this year!!
MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM
So far I have 5 dvds (had 6 but gave in and let my 3 year old have 1 early). I'm not sure what else I'm going to get her yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Aww you sound like me! I almost gave my 3 yr old a book I'm saving for his basket! What dvds did you get her?   

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

So far I have 5 dvds (had 6 but gave in and let my 3 year old have 1 early). I'm not sure what else I'm going to get her yet.

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM
I can't remember the exact ones. They're in hiding and if I take them out again I'll be down to 4. Lol. Dh and her were chanting "we want movies" so I had to give in. I know there's hello kitty, strawberry shortcake, and Idk the other 3.

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Aww you sound like me! I almost gave my 3 yr old a book I'm saving for his basket! What dvds did you get her?   

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
choaspartyof4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I hear that lol! I have my kids stuff for Easter hidden in my laundry room, no one will find it in there!! I'm sure she will love those!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I can't remember the exact ones. They're in hiding and if I take them out again I'll be down to 4. Lol. Dh and her were chanting "we want movies" so I had to give in. I know there's hello kitty, strawberry shortcake, and Idk the other 3.

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

MrsWhite101610
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I have it hidden in the hallway closet and thanks.

I can see how no one would find it in the laundry room. If your family is like mine you're the only one who'd enter it. Lol

Quoting choaspartyof4:

I hear that lol! I have my kids stuff for Easter hidden in my laundry room, no one will find it in there!! I'm sure she will love those!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I just buy the pre-made Easter baskets.
artistic_kitty
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Small activity books that can be done at church, candy, new sunglasses, and maybe a book.

AshTysMom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually do a book and small toy or stuffed animal. A very small amount of candy and a battery operated toothbrush! AAFES Express has a different product free each month with an 8gal purchase. In January it was Cadbury and Reese's PB Eggs! This month it's Flipz 2oz. That's how I filled stockings at Christmas, also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN