Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

This is what I sent my elderly Aunt. Good deal or no. She lives in Massachusetts.

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what I sent via Peapod grocery delivery service from Stop & Shop, this includes taxes, delivery fee and gas surcharge.

1 lb Strawberries

6 each bananas

1 pound thick slice bacon

3 pounds ground beef

3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

Fish sticks Gordon's

French Fries oreida

Frozen broccoli, green beans and cauliflowers store brand

5 pound bag of sugar

dish wash liquid Palmolive

laundry soap Purex

kleenex store brand

toilet paper store brand

lawn & leaf size trash bags store brand

60 cans of cat food store brand

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
matreshka
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Thanks!  I am currently dealing with an illness and ordering the groceries and picking them up would actually help me out a lot.  I didn't know you could do that and avoid the fees.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Because I chose to deliver on Wednesday, it was only $3.99, saving $6.00.  There is a 99 cent fuel surcharge.  It is FREE if you order and then go and PICK IT UP yourself.  They have specials on the site when you pick delivery times.  If there are not many deliveries, the site adds discounts to the schedule.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

How nice!

It sounds like you did very well!

sucker4myloves
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM

That sounds like a good deal, and I'm glad you're there for your aunt. Too many people today don't take care of their elders. And I'm sorry about your sister.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Not bad. Way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Just my elderly Aunt, aged 84 years old, sadly old, and one very overweight son, my only first cousin.  She cared for my Mom while she died many years ago and then took me in, all on top of running her own business, taking care of her husband, my grandparents, her parents, my cousin and me.  This was back in 1972 when women did not own their own business's.  And an unknown number of cats, did I post that I sent 60 cans of cat food?

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

*Free delivery offer entitles you to receive $6.95 off an order of $100 or more for 60 days from the date you received your first delivery. Not valid with any other offer. Limit one per household.

Enjoy Free Delivery

For the next 60 days!*

Enter FREEDELIVERY in the promotional code box at checkout and receive $6.95 off orders of $100 or more placed within 60 days of your first delivery.*

http://www.peapod.com/

Quoting matreshka:

Looks like a lot of good stuff. How much are the fees for peapod? I live in mass as well.

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Groceries arrived at 9 30 est.  On time at the earliest bit of the time frame.  Nice.  No word from Aunt, but cousin said it all looked good. 

fireflymcl
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM

That's wonderful that you are able to do that for her. I should look into this for my dad.

matreshka
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Thanks, this is great!

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

*Free delivery offer entitles you to receive $6.95 off an order of $100 or more for 60 days from the date you received your first delivery. Not valid with any other offer. Limit one per household.

Enjoy Free Delivery

For the next 60 days!*

Enter FREEDELIVERY in the promotional code box at checkout and receive $6.95 off orders of $100 or more placed within 60 days of your first delivery.*

http://www.peapod.com/

Quoting matreshka:

Looks like a lot of good stuff. How much are the fees for peapod? I live in mass as well.

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM

boo not in my area

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)