Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My attempt at frugality this week.

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was a huge diet coke addict.  I used to drink a 2 liter a day.  No joke.  slowly I started cutting back and now I drink 2 12 oz bottles a day.  To take the place of it and because I am trying to limit aspertame I started drinking Lipton teas.  I love the pomegranate blueberry one.  But the price is insane.  I was paying 1.59 per 20 oz bottle or 2.70ish for a big bottle.  So I was looking through the tea section at my local store and noticed they had a lot of specialty teas.  Stuff you can't find at walmart LOL.  So I got a package of raspberry pomegranate tea bags.  I am using left over water bottles and for the past two days I have been making my own "bottled" ice tea.  I am adding a tad bit of sugar to them for some extra taste.  I figured it up and each tea bag cost me 16 cents and I can usually get 3 16 oz bottles out of them.  I can't just drink water and I do drink a few bottles of that throughout the day.  But I am always thirsty.  So hopefully this will work out for me. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irish.twin.mama
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Good luck mama. I am a diet mt. Dew addict and when I don't have it I drink koolaid. I'm trying to start drinking more water though. *shamefully hide big glass of blue raspberry lemonade kool-aid*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

my problem is I am also trying to lose weight so added calories are bad.  but I am hoping that I can control the sugar content this way a well.  I am looking into buying some stevia.  I can't wait till lunch bec that is when i get my first diet coke LOL  I drink the second with dinner

Quoting irish.twin.mama:

Good luck mama. I am a diet mt. Dew addict and when I don't have it I drink koolaid. I'm trying to start drinking more water though. *shamefully hide big glass of blue raspberry lemonade kool-aid*

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Way to go!

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

it is caffeine free too so even bigger bonus

KateyBrands
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Go you!!!! I gave up soda last year to help lose weight before I got married, now I'm 31 weeks pregnant and all I want is root beer!!!!!!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Wtg. I am addicted to coke and can drink up to 3-4 cans a day, sometimes more if we eat out or have an event or something and its free. But Im really trying to stick to 1 or 2 cans a day.
chrissysnow22
by Chrissy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Thats great!!!!
PeaceChild
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Maybe add slices of lemon/strawberry/cucumber/orange to your water=homemade flavored waters:)

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My DF was buying 1/2 gallon jugs of sweet tea at the grocery store.  Granted he was buying the store brand.  But, I bought a box of 24 family sized teabags for the same cost as the half gallon jug he was buying.  3 bags and 1 1/3 cup of sugar makes a full gallon of perfect sweet tea.  He is so tickled about the money we save by brewing it ourselves!

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Atta girl! Those bottled sugary drinks are just like throwing your money down the drain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)