Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Working moms

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 33 Replies
How many hours a week do you work? My goal this year is to save I'm trying to work 50-55 hours a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caseyloo
by Casey on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM

40+ 

Timon6903
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm newly retired.  But, when I was working, I worked 40 hours, no more.  I did more in my younger years.  But, after surviving stage III colon cancer, I reprioritized my life.  

I also reprioritized my taxes.  The more hours I worked, the more money Uncle Sam took from me.  It turned out that all my overtime was given to the feds.  So, I quit doing over time.  My time is for my family, not the government.

chrissysnow22
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
42 im salary though so my overtime doesn't count.
a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM
40 usually but up to 50 sometime depending on deadlines
ablox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
pixiemg1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:30 AM

40.  We are only allowed up to 4 hours overtime and I may only have an hour or two over.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM

With my business I place in about 40 hours a week, but when I worked outside the house I worked about 35 hours. The key to savings is ask if your employer offers allotment program, 10% out of each check to go into a savings account. I have always done that, and  don't count that other money as spending money. Adjust your living costs accordingly to the lower amount.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I'm very fortunate to only work about 15 hours a week. But the job I do is physically demanding so the older I get the less I want to work!

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

On January 1, 2000 was my last day of work, I was 40 years old and my cancer had come back, this time my doctor told me to get my ducks in a row, it did not look good.  I was very ill for a few years, but I asked G-d to let me live to see my children into college.  It is now 2013, cancer free, both children now finished with medical school AND law school, each.  Thank you G-d.  I worked 80+ hours, pushing my body too hard, being a single Mom, going to school, and my body revolted and forced me to stop.  I look at life differently now, any day above ground is a good one, I do more to enjoy life, smile more, care more and love more. 

No job is worth my life.  I realized my children did not really need all of the extras that I was working so hard to give them, at the expense of my life and well being.

Thankfully I have learned this lesson, please don't miss this life lesson, for those mom's who could be the working mom from rugrats TV show, her ear glued to a phone with a business suit and a briefcase overflowing......

Quoting specialwingz:

I'm newly retired.  But, when I was working, I worked 40 hours, no more.  I did more in my younger years.  But, after surviving stage III colon cancer, I reprioritized my life.  

I also reprioritized my taxes.  The more hours I worked, the more money Uncle Sam took from me.  It turned out that all my overtime was given to the feds.  So, I quit doing over time.  My time is for my family, not the government.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)