• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of pans...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have my eye on the newer "green" nonstick ceramic pans.

Are they worth the price and also, are they very heavy?  The only reason I no longer use cast iron is because of the weight and my arthritis.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

They are not as heavy as cast iron but they are little heavier than Teflon.

a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I want one too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
The green ones they advertise on tv? Walmart has them in the "as seen on tv" section. At least at our local store.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I feel your pain with the cast iron.  I love my cast iron and will never give it up.  Even though my left hand won't lift it anymore.  My DF gets them out for me as I need them.  He loves helping me in the kitchen.  I am so blessed.  LOL.  But, he loves the way the food comes out by cooking with it.  So, he says he's willing to do what it takes to keep me cooking great meal.  =)

nailz98
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

They  are alot light than cast iron. We bought one and hated it. We ended up throwing ours out. Everything stuck to it. My husbands friend told him that the ones at the store aren't the same as the ones coming from the company.

ciao_kitty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

FYI, the infomercial ones SUCK! My mom wanted one really badly, so I bought her one. I forget what it's called, but it's got the green coating on the bottom. Waaay overpriced, and it didn't work. Unless you had to use oil, which is totally pointless! 

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I will stick with Revere Wear.  I have my Grandmothers, my Mothers, my Sisters AND mine.  Generations old, you cannot kill it and I keep the bottoms shining with lemon juice and salt. 

MsBlueBelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I gave away all my cast iron, also generations worth, to my dang exh and my ds, who go on Civil War re-enactments and have to use cast iron.  I killed my dear exmil's when I tried to scrub it clean.  Oh my, this Yankee girl likes things clean, not 'seasoned' with decades worth of gunk and last years cooking.  Blah.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

I will stick with Revere Wear.  I have my Grandmothers, my Mothers, my Sisters AND mine.  Generations old, you cannot kill it and I keep the bottoms shining with lemon juice and salt. 

Same here!  My mom's set is 49 years old and mine is almost 19 years old.  I LOVE using them!

I also have cast iron and don't have any problems with it.

AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Have no clue.  Maybe you should google and check the reviews

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)