Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking In a pair of boots.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 11 Replies
I got a super cute pair of 'cowboy' boots yesterday. I had to have them ordered in because the size I tried on in the store was way too big and now this pair, I can't get the right one on, can't get my foot all the way I (gets stuck about where my foot would change angles to sit flat). Anyone have any tips on how to stretch it a bit. I know it will fit otherwise because the left one goes on and fits. Thanks!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Stuff lots of balled up newspaper in them. That's what my grandma used to do
Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I tried a can of soup!! Will see how that works. I know once its on and broke in it will be fine b

Quoting a_and_j_momma:

Stuff lots of balled up newspaper in them. That's what my grandma used to do
specialwingz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Actually, the way they do it at the store is to wedge a regular-sized can of tuna in its side between the sole and the upper portion.  Let it sit for a few hours and try it on.  If you need more stretching, wedge it back in for a few more hours.  It really does work.  I have extremely high arches and have to do this with every pair of cowboy boots I buy.  I learned this trick waaaay back when I managed a ranch and animal supply.  Ranchers can teach you some of the niftiest and thriftiest tricks!  =)

Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
So maybe my soup can will work! If not I think I have a can of tuna here.

Quoting specialwingz:

Actually, the way they do it at the store is to wedge a regular-sized can of tuna in its side between the sole and the upper portion.  Let it sit for a few hours and try it on.  If you need more stretching, wedge it back in for a few more hours.  It really does work.  I have extremely high arches and have to do this with every pair of cowboy boots I buy.  I learned this trick waaaay back when I managed a ranch and animal supply.  Ranchers can teach you some of the niftiest and thriftiest tricks!  =)

specialwingz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM

The thing with the tuna can is that it is wider and shorter than a soup can.  This allows for more pressure on the upper portion and for more range of motion (for angle).

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Soup can helped some. Tuna can in now!!

Quoting specialwingz:

The thing with the tuna can is that it is wider and shorter than a soup can.  This allows for more pressure on the upper portion and for more range of motion (for angle).

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Wicked good to know.

specialwingz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  Glad it's working.  =)

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM
It worked. Thanks for the advice!! I got to wear them tonight.

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

matreshka
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Excellent!  I always had that problem with boots too.  Now I know what to do.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

It worked. Thanks for the advice!! I got to wear them tonight.

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Quoting specialwingz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)