• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok this is sort of a political rant about budgeting.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was watching the news about how the White House has canceledtours due to budget cuts. And they said they had to because of the cost to pay secret service. They said their salary was $50/hr which totals $104k/yr. I posted on fb about saying maybe cut salaries to.$40/hr which is still $84k/yr. And my aunt says you can't just cut peoples salaries. "you don't know their expenses, etc. PLUS they risk their lives. So if you went off that argument first of all if they aren't doing tours those agents aren't even.working anymore. Secondly what about all the other government workers who just get laid off like teachers who barely get $30k/yr. Or even worse the military who they aren't even paying to work. At least that's what i heard on the news. Or even feeding them in active duty on tours.

Then how about starting them off at a lower pay scale. So they aren't having to figure a new budget. They should be able to live within their means. Just like the government. Am I wrong for thinking that the government should pay lower salaries if they are in debt? Im talking about the high paid ones. $50/hr is 8k/month. Even if your mortgage is $2k and you have a vehicle.note of $500 they are still have twice as much as my Dh brings in. Then if they have a spouse working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
occumommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I AM ENTIRELY WITH YOU¡!!! But I think they also need to lower the politican saleries first before ever touching secret sevice. I think they need to put a frugal person in charge of budgeting government spending....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I'm with this. The rest of us manage to survive at under 100k so why do politicians get to make so much money? That just seems ridiculous to me...

Quoting occumommy:

I AM ENTIRELY WITH YOU¡!!! But I think they also need to lower the politican saleries first before ever touching secret sevice. I think they need to put a frugal person in charge of budgeting government spending....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherandree
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I agree with this first and foremost.  The secret service actually WORK.  The politicians...not so much.

Quoting occumommy:

TheBabyFactory4
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I agree with the politicians also. But it was just on the news last night. So that's what i posted about
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Start cutting salaries with our politicians. Starting with Obama's salary. He has no clue how to live on a budget.

occumommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Most politicians have no clue how to live on a budget, they get their saleries for a lifetime, only job in america where they still get paid the same amount when they retire, with top notch benifits. also the only job in america where they have the power to raise their salaries, it`s disgusting......honestly one of the things that angers me more than anything is this subject.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd like to know who the heck thought it would be okay to cut back on our military?? I've been reading that some of our deployed military now only get served one hot meal a day, their pay is getting cut, and now their benefits, too. Total BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsi19
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Just for the record, the military soldier's pay has not been cut and they do get fed. I keep seeing all this crap floating around saying they cut out breakfast, etc. That is simply not true. So far the Army's tuition assistance has been cut and they are doing away with free over the counter medication cards.
matreshka
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I come from a postal worker family.  I am so lucky my dad's pension is intact because he has Alzhiemer's.  Everyone else currently working in the post office is still on temp basis or has taken significant cuts to their pension and salary.  These are hard working people.

Politicians on the other hand, get paid and they don't even have to show up to work!  They also think its acceptable to walk out before voting and to fillibuster!

matreshka
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Thanks, I didn't think they would actually stop feeding them, this isn't North Korea.

Quoting Lindsi19:

Just for the record, the military soldier's pay has not been cut and they do get fed. I keep seeing all this crap floating around saying they cut out breakfast, etc. That is simply not true. So far the Army's tuition assistance has been cut and they are doing away with free over the counter medication cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)