Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Would you hire someone to clean your house?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you hire someone to clean your house?

Options:

Yes, sometimes it's worth it.

No, its never worth it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 97

View Results

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Just want some opinions because I have been sick for over a month now. I just caught the flu as well!  I can't seem to catch a break and no one here is picking up my slack on the cleaning.  I know someone who cleans houses full time and am wondering if its worth it.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

If I had the money, I'd have no problem hiring someone to clean my house.  I'm still dealing with what's turned out to be a pinched nerve injury causing inflammation and severe pain at times in both arms, and even vacuuming or putting dishes away is pretty painful.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Nerve pain can be soo bad. I hope it gets better for you.  Cayenne and tumeric suppliments are what I use for my nerve damage, fibro and RA.  That and Rx motrin.  They help a bit.

A TENS unit may be very helpful for your pain, if you talk to a physical therapist first.

I am sort of dealing with similar pain, plus a bad med reaction, then a stomach virus, now the flu - even though I got a flu shot :(

Quoting michiganmom116:

If I had the money, I'd have no problem hiring someone to clean my house.  I'm still dealing with what's turned out to be a pinched nerve injury causing inflammation and severe pain at times in both arms, and even vacuuming or putting dishes away is pretty painful.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I just need to scrape together the money to go see a chiropractor.  My DS bought a memory foam pillow for me and that's really helped at night.  There are even times now that there is no pain...until I reach or lift something over my head.

Yeah, when I'm nauseated I'm done.  I can handle pneumonia, broken bones, and unmedicated childbirth (even delivered a 10+ lb. baby with no pain meds)....but nausea takes me down.  I'm glad that I haven't been sick in a couple of years!

Quoting matreshka:

Nerve pain can be soo bad. I hope it gets better for you.  Cayenne and tumeric suppliments are what I use for my nerve damage, fibro and RA.  That and Rx motrin.  They help a bit.

A TENS unit may be very helpful for your pain, if you talk to a physical therapist first.

I am sort of dealing with similar pain, plus a bad med reaction, then a stomach virus, now the flu - even though I got a flu shot :(

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

In your case, I'd have someone come in, at least once.  Having a clean house sure helps with a person's frame of mind when they're sick.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

no i wouldnt...unless i lived in a mansion and had cash to burn

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

if it is worth it to YOU then why not...we can all use some help now and then if things are getting out of hand

Quoting matreshka:

Just want some opinions because I have been sick for over a month now. I just caught the flu as well!  I can't seem to catch a break and no one here is picking up my slack on the cleaning.  I know someone who cleans houses full time and am wondering if its worth it.

Kristen.Marie
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
When I was working full time I had a service that came twice a month. It was nice to come home to a clean house. I got to spend Kore time with my family instead of putting in all the time cleaning on my days off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I have had knot in my shoulder forever. I got one of those chair massagers that is like those pedicure chairs at the nail salon. The pain is gone.
Many chiropractor s here are allowing people to set up payment plans. You should not in walking around in pain. :( Adds to your stress...youve got a lot going on right now.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I just need to scrape together the money to go see a chiropractor.  My DS bought a memory foam pillow for me and that's really helped at night.  There are even times now that there is no pain...until I reach or lift something over my head.

Yeah, when I'm nauseated I'm done.  I can handle pneumonia, broken bones, and unmedicated childbirth (even delivered a 10+ lb. baby with no pain meds)....but nausea takes me down.  I'm glad that I haven't been sick in a couple of years!

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I'd love to get in to a chiro!  My insurance will cover the x-rays, but not the adjustments, and I'm sure I'll need more than one. 

Thank you.

Quoting Momforhealth:

I have had knot in my shoulder forever. I got one of those chair massagers that is like those pedicure chairs at the nail salon. The pain is gone.
Many chiropractor s here are allowing people to set up payment plans. You should not in walking around in pain. :( Adds to your stress...youve got a lot going on right now.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting matreshka:

Quoting michiganmom116:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)