Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the best 54 dollars i have ever spent

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
So i always groom the dog myself. Snubbing the expensive groomers and being so proud. Lol well my german Shepard's been shedding like crazy. Some of you know what i mean. Hair flying everywhere.
I have been brushing and vacuuming the dog 2 times a day everyday. Plus vacuuming the house everyday. Everyday. Avoiding the dog otherwise cuz the hair flys in my face. Yuck. I get out of the shower and hair is immediately covering my feet.. yuck. Hair on our clothes. Extra showers. Yuck yuck yuck.

Anyway i called petco and brought her up there. They did a deshedding treatment. Shampoo. Conditioner. Blow out. Brush. Nails and ears and brushing. Wow i can pet the dog again. I woke up to a house not covered in hair. I have several more hours over the next week to not clean up hair. I bought the shampoo and the furminator brush they used so i can do it at home next time. It really worked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenzieQsMommy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Yay!! Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Yay, glad you are a happy camper.  Like Heather said sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and just do it.  You also should watch for their coupons.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I saw this metal thing at Academy sports store yesterday to remove the shedding hair. It looked kinda dangerous, lol, had never seen it before. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I have 2 white German shepherds.  So I know your pain.  

lyrick24
by Melissa on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

im glad you found something that works! 

nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Sounds like it was worth it
MrsApple
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I so need to buy one of those furminators.Our Golden Retriever is shedding like crazy right now.

cookinmommyof1
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Furminators are the best!! We had a shiba inu who would lose handfuls of hair at a time. I could fill a grocery sack of her hair and still be brushinf. Lol i feel your pain. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Haha, I know what you're talking about. I saw it too, and it looks a bit intimidating. Glad I don't need to groom my dog, all he requires is a bath. I can't use frightening tools!

OP, my dog doesn't need grooming but I used to have a poodle/pekingese mix that did and I always spent the money to get it done, cause...well I was too much of a wuss to do it >_<

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I saw this metal thing at Academy sports store yesterday to remove the shedding hair. It looked kinda dangerous, lol, had never seen it before. 

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Yay for no floaters
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)