Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

have you spent money you later regret?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
most of us have spent money on something and later realized it was
A waste. What's your story?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

oh gosh.  a lot of things LOL 

I mainly get that guilty feeling of damn I spent way too much when I get back from the grocery store though 

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Last night we went to the church fair. Arm bands were $20 each to ride unlimited rides for 4 hrs. My 6yo rode a bunch of rides. Some kiddy rides and some of the more thrilling rides. He had a blast. My 7yr old didn't ride as many rides but still really enjoyed herself and rode enough to more than pay for her band also. But my nearly 9yo only rode 3. At $3 a ride without an arm band that would have only cost me $9 and 2 of those were rides she took Jacob on too. So lessoned learned. Jess has anxiety so we won't buy armbands for her lol
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Going grocery shopping is something i love. Cuz i love cooking for my family and it something we HAVE to have. If i spent more than what i planned i know the food will still get eaten. And usually save me money later because i found it on sale

Quoting Moki75:

oh gosh.  a lot of things LOL 

I mainly get that guilty feeling of damn I spent way too much when I get back from the grocery store though 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Eating out. Lately its been too easy for me and I feel guilty about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have too many to remember each one.

Rainbow vacuum...pd $2400 for a new one, saw one for $75 at a garage sale.  They ARE good vacuums and mine lasted for years, but it was too much to pay.

New living room set + 5 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats = grungy, worn out furniture after only 3 years.

Nissan pickup.  POS rode like a stock trailer and developed a dangerous gas leak within 4 months of purchase.  We dumped that vehicle as fast as we could.

my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
A few hand bags I bought then never used they run upwards of 1000.00 they sit in my bag cabinet collecting dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

same type of thing for us... $25 for a ride wristband for 4 hours.... my son rode 2 rides, that was it. He had been hurt on a water slide a few weeks before but seemed very excited to ride rides at the fair. Everytime we got to the front, he changed his mind

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Last night we went to the church fair. Arm bands were $20 each to ride unlimited rides for 4 hrs. My 6yo rode a bunch of rides. Some kiddy rides and some of the more thrilling rides. He had a blast. My 7yr old didn't ride as many rides but still really enjoyed herself and rode enough to more than pay for her band also. But my nearly 9yo only rode 3. At $3 a ride without an arm band that would have only cost me $9 and 2 of those were rides she took Jacob on too. So lessoned learned. Jess has anxiety so we won't buy armbands for her lol

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
My parents bought a rainbow. They still have it. Don't use it as often as they did when we were younger though. They have stairsL in new house so they got a smaller vacuum. And they don't have as much carpet or traffic like they used too. I loved using it. Lol.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have too many to remember each one.

Rainbow vacuum...pd $2400 for a new one, saw one for $75 at a garage sale.  They ARE good vacuums and mine lasted for years, but it was too much to pay.

New living room set + 5 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats = grungy, worn out furniture after only 3 years.

Nissan pickup.  POS rode like a stock trailer and developed a dangerous gas leak within 4 months of purchase.  We dumped that vehicle as fast as we could.

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Vacations. I love taking vacations but last year we took 3 week long vacations each costing between $2500-4000. While they were all super fun and we have great memories it was a ton of money and now that were buying a house I feel stupid for using it on that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivf_blessed
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Anything and everything that I ever put on a credit card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)