Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the best deal you have ever gotten?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 25 Replies
I bought a brand new refrigerator from Sears last week for $55 out of pocket and no it was not a dent and scratch sale. I have been collecting Sears gift cards and shop your way points since Christmas day 2012. I got the Sears gift cards doing surveys and sweepstakes. My refrigerator was originally $999 plus delivery and taxes. I am now saving for a new dishwasher and so far in 1 week I have $180 in gift cards. My new dishwasher will cost me $423 including taxes. I already have the new one picked out. I plan to go in and get it for free. Well not totally free. It will cost me a little bit of my time.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militlady
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Here is a picture of my new refrigerator.

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! That is amazing! What kind of sweepstakes and surveys are you doing to get that many points? We are buying a house right now and it comes with all of the appliances and everything but I would eventually like to replace them (especially the washer and dryer).

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of anything great off the top of my head right now.. I get groceries for free all the time and have even got cash back before, but I can't think of anything big..

Oh, my mom found a Hermes bag at Goodwill for $0.52! They had it checked out and it was real and worth about $5,000.. It looked very similar to this one: http://usa.hermes.com/leather/bags-and-luggage/for-men/configurable-product-c-bag-etriviere-meeting-35849.html?color_leather=DARKBROWN

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM
2 moms liked this

We recently tried to buy a house that was already a good deal at $93,000, but they didn't accept our offer. Then a week later they lowered the price to $83,000 and we started over and got it for that.

oddfox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Very nice. Very, very nice.

KateyBrands
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Woohoo! Go you :) 

CafeMom Tickers
matreshka
by Valerie on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Off the top of my head, our new chaise lounge.  MY Dh was able to score it, and paid $55, normally it retails for $150.

That was the best score we had in a while.

militlady
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I do a lot of different surveys. One survey I did last month actually paid me $125 for one survey. It was actually over the course of 3 days for about 20 minutes each day. That is the most I ever got paid for a survey though. I also won a $400 gift card from Sears for a Sears sweepstakes in December. Those two obviously paid for most of my refrigerator. Sears also had $100 instant off coupon on line for an appliance $600 or more. But there was a deadline to use that savings coupon. Otherwise, I would have waited until I had enough to get it completely for free.  The fridge that I chose was also 10% off. It was the one I had picked out in December that I had as a goal to save for. My actual goal was $1200 so it worked out great.  The rest was from different survey sites.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Wow! That is amazing! What kind of sweepstakes and surveys are you doing to get that many points? We are buying a house right now and it comes with all of the appliances and everything but I would eventually like to replace them (especially the washer and dryer).

1Trixie
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

What are the NAMES of the sites dear? Can you post the links to the sites/surveys you use? It could help out many Mom's who are in need of help! It won't take anything away from you posting the sites you use! Have a great day! And Thank You for helping these other Mom's who may need help buying things they need for their homes/CHILDREN and such =)

Quoting militlady:

I do a lot of different surveys. One survey I did last month actually paid me $125 for one survey. It was actually over the course of 3 days for about 20 minutes each day. That is the most I ever got paid for a survey though. I also won a $400 gift card from Sears for a Sears sweepstakes in December. Those two obviously paid for most of my refrigerator. Sears also had $100 instant off coupon on line for an appliance $600 or more. But there was a deadline to use that savings coupon. Otherwise, I would have waited until I had enough to get it completely for free.  The fridge that I chose was also 10% off. It was the one I had picked out in December that I had as a goal to save for. My actual goal was $1200 so it worked out great.  The rest was from different survey sites.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Homeschoolmom99
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

With my points from Xmas at sears I was able to get my wife a new suit tie and all for 21 bucks out of pocket! The tie was my fave its all silk normaly runs about 50 bucks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)