Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Easter

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

What are your kids getting in their Easter Basket this year?

Do you get one pre-made or fill your own?

Do you do an Easter Egg hunt with your kids?

If yes... What do you put in the eggs?

Do you do any other fun Easter activities or crafts with your children? 

Thanks for sharing your ideas! 

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

My kids are getting a car rug from IKEA to share.  Then they are each getting a basket with simple things like candy, cookies, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and a couple matchbox cars in it. 

We fill our own baskets.

We do an Easter Egg hunt with our kids.

We put candy in the eggs.  This year I am thinking of putting numbers in some.  The number will be for a bigger prize with that number on it.  Something like a small package of animal crackers etc. that will not fit inside an egg. 

I would love to do some kind of craft (other than the usual coloring hard boiled eggs) with my kids this year, but I need some ideas!  :-) 

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

DD is getting Bubbles, shovel and pail, kits for growing strawberries and sunflowesrs, a coloring book,  new water bottle and a chocolate bunny. Everything but the water bottle is from the dollar store.

We'll do an egg hunt but instead of candy we'll have Welch's gummies in the eggs.

Firenygirl180
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Ds is getting a play oven and Stine animals for his zoo toy. Also 2 small candy bars. Baby won't be here until the w nd but she is getting hair bows and head bands.
i think we may start doing an egg hunt next year when ds is almost 3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

My son is to old for the kid stuff.  He will be 24 on Easter Sunday.

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We still dye Easter Eggs together.

My mother still makes them baskets.

Last year they refused to hunt for eggs. They are 19 and 22.

beachbeauty
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

My kids are getting older, ages 8-16.  The youngest is getting outdoor stuff, a football, jumprope, and skylanders.  The older ones are getting things like dvds, they're each getting a t-shirt and a beach towel and a fast food gift card.  I have always filled their baskets myself.  They will also get a ton of candy, I always overdo it with candy, that's what they will get in their eggs, too because they all still love the egg hunt, too.  I split it, half plastic eggs, half colored real eggs.

That's pretty much all we do for Easter besides a big Easter dinner.  We try to spend the afternoon outside playing with the new toys.

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
My kids got all their t-ball stuff and some candy and new art supplies. We make our own.

We do an Easter egg hunt every year. We do one at our house with real eggs on Easter morning and my mom does one with plastic eggs filled with candy (she has like 400 eggs now).

We don't really do any Easter crafts besides the eggs. We dye them and occasionally do stickers or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I'm making dd's basket and she's getting words puzzle book, gardening kits, flower/fruit seeds from Dollar store. Then chocolate bunny, Rango DVD that I got for $4 & still have look for Science stuff. We do egg hunting at my mom or aunt's house but this year we're not but I'll be taking dd to eggstravaganza. This year we're going to make egg rice Krispy and dying eggs. 

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Swim suits, matching flip flops, matching sunglasses

Pool toys

Movie

Candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Purgatorian
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I just have a 17 year old girl left at home but we still dye eyes and make a nice Easter dinner.  We love candy in this house so any reason to buy some suits us just fine!

This year we will make 2 baskets for 2 small boys though.  I have 2 grandsons that are 2 and 4.  We (daughter and I) will make up the baskets with misc candies and matchbox cars.  I have tons of stuffed animals and one of those will go in each basket.  We will do some sort of egg hunt with them when they come to get their baskets which will more than likely be the week AFTER Easter so I can wait on candy purchases and small toys until next week when everything will be on discount!

I did find this on Pinterest though that looked fun to make with the boys.  Here is a link.

http://babyccinokids.com/blog/2011/04/18/easter-craft-bunny-masks/

When my kids were getting older, I put money, nail polish, lip gloss, eyeliners, perfume, memory cards, and iTunes cards in their eggs/baskets.  Just all depends on your kid and what they like.  

Have a Wonderful Easter All!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN