Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

$100 on a Baby Shower

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

If there is one thing I love to do, its plan parties! I'd make a career out of it if I could. Its the most fun stress can be! So when my friend asked me to plan her baby shower, I was honored! I had to tell her we couldn't afford to pay for it, especially with less than a month to plan it. Her theme is hot pink and zebra stripes, which isn't very cheap. She gave me $150 and I've already spent $50 on a big sister sash, something she really wanted her DD to have, 2 zebra striped table runners (I can get hot pink tablecovers from the dollar store to put under the runners, making it cheaper than buying hot pink and zebra striped tablecovers), cards for guests to fill out writing their guesses or the baby's birthday, height/weigt, first words, etc, and balloons. This cost me $10 in shipping but I've not seen this stuff in the stores.

I have $100 left to buy a few props for games, prizes for games and the wine basket for the diaper raffle, food, plates, napkins, cups and probably a few more decorations. My friend said she'd give me more money if needed it but I want to make this stretch! She's having a baby, she shouldn't go broke for her shower lol.

Wish me luck! I really wanna pull this off!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, you're doing great. I love to coordinate parties too and be creative with less money. 

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Hit the dollar store you maybe able to found some pink or black paper things that you can use to set the table.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like youre doing good. good luck!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I am having a sandwich and then htting the dollar store! I think I've seen zebra striped suff there before, I'm just not sure if its birthday party stuff

Quoting Alieda:

Hit the dollar store you maybe able to found some pink or black paper things that you can use to set the table.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Good luck! I think the games could be gone cheap. One fun one I tried was being blindfolded and then picking safety pins out of rice, it was so hard! lol

Baby bingo is fun

And the one where they guess measure the belly w string

If you have Hobby Lobby, you can show them the 40% off an item coupon off your phone or print it out (closed on Sundays, though)

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Dollar Tree has all kinds of things you could use!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

She wants to do:

Measure belly with ribbon

Baby food taste testing

Celebrity Children's Name Guessing

And I asked each guest to bring a bag of diapers to be entered into a raffle for a wine basket. This one will cost the most but considering there are about 30 people attending, it should get her a LOT of diapers!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Good luck! I think the games could be gone cheap. One fun one I tried was being blindfolded and then picking safety pins out of rice, it was so hard! lol

Baby bingo is fun

And the one where they guess measure the belly w string

If you have Hobby Lobby, you can show them the 40% off an item coupon off your phone or print it out (closed on Sundays, though)

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Im headed there now! 

Quoting lillybug222:

Dollar Tree has all kinds of things you could use!

Purgatorian
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Yeah was going to say I saw some recently at Dollar General to I think.  I bought 1 set of cups, plates, and napkins with the print then one set pink and one set black to help offset the cost of the print stuff.  Was really cute and the guys at the party all choose black to eat and drink from LOL!

KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM

LOL too funny! I'm waiting on DD to finish her snack before I head out 

Quoting Purgatorian:

Yeah was going to say I saw some recently at Dollar General to I think.  I bought 1 set of cups, plates, and napkins with the print then one set pink and one set black to help offset the cost of the print stuff.  Was really cute and the guys at the party all choose black to eat and drink from LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)