Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Frugal weekend

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

My frugal weekend I used a lot of coupons especially b1g1 free coupons. 

CVS, I bought Keratin and Morocco shampoo and conditioner, 4pk Soleil razors, Sally Hansen Insta-Gel polish. I spend $18.36, saved $24.26, and received $8.00 Extrabucks.

At Walgreens, I got Sally Hansen Insta-Gel started kit for $10.99 (reg. price $29.99).

Then Target, I bought 2 2pk Suave Professional shampoo and conditioner, 2 Lady Speed deodorants, 2 Degree men deodorants, 2 Clear men shampoos, Schick razors, Simple foam facial wash, Simple toner, 2 Simple facial wipes, Loreal total repair dry oil (with travel size shampoo for free), Target brand facial wipes and qtips for $41.96, received $10 gift cards and I saved $59.85.

What did you do this week/weekend that was frugal?
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woliung8153
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 2:14 AM
3 moms liked this

This weekend we did not really go anywhere so saved money that way. The only thing we did do was food shopping and for 8 people for this week I only spent $103 on food. I was excited.

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM
$108 for 8 people? Wow, you did a great job!

Quoting woliung8153:

This weekend we did not really go anywhere so saved money that way. The only thing we did do was food shopping and for 8 people for this week I only spent $103 on food. I was excited.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
woliung8153
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:37 AM

It took a lot of meal planning and figuring out sales but I was so happy.

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

$108 for 8 people? Wow, you did a great job!

Quoting woliung8153:

autiemama516
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well the only thing I can think of is 8 boxes of Special K cereal for 1.79 each with coupon and price match. We also never go out to eat and got a BOGO at Unos and a babysitter. LOL

sonnyswoman75
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM
What was your secret in saving so much money on food?

Quoting woliung8153:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Sadly this weekend was not cost effective . My grandmas In the icu so I've spent most of my days at the hospital . Very not cost effective
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
2 moms liked this

We stayed in this weekend and did a much needed relaxing weekend, so I didn't spend any $. 

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We worked on our minivan (deer damage.)  The insurance company totaled the vehicle and gave us $2550 for the value (minus $100 deductible, minus $500 title buyback...total of $1950).  My DS found the necessary body parts and headlight and we worked on the minivan this weekend, and it's done.  Paid $425 for the parts, and we're going to give DS $250 for the work he did....so we'll be MAKING A PROFIT of $1275!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...I still don't want to go through that again.

before 

and after....

matreshka
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
we went and had coffee up at the book mill watched the water and browsed. total cost: $2.50
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenishgirl
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We went to the park a couple times and I went to the thrift store- spent $11 on four little bowls (I give DS little snacks in them), two books and three DVDs for DS and a brand new window film kit (normally about $12 at Walmart, I paid $1.) Almost everything I got was the half off color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)