Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

new sign at the store...LOL...like for real for real...

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

ha ha nice...

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I actually saw this somewhere when we were traveling but I can't remember where. DH and I both got a huge laugh, lol.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

LOLrolling on floor

Quoting aneela:

HA HA Ha...you know who you have to blame for that...jessica simpson LOL...is this chicken or tuna *SMH* lol

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

I could have told you that a year or so  ago when I notice an allergy warning on a can of Wal-mart tuna fish.  It read "Allegry warning contains tuna" 

I looked at my dh as if shocked and said something like, "OMG this can of TUNA contains tuna I alwaysthought tuna contained salmon"  Noiw dh doesn't get my humor but our now 6 year old and a couple people who saw it just cracked up.

Recntly I bought some fresh-frozen fish and the package read "contains fish".  I mean really?  Are there not some things that the consumer should naturally assume contains certain ingrediants?

nmaxwell816
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM
lol. Mu husband acts like I should have already known about this...
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

This part I can understand, although granted on cashews or any nut seems obvious other nuts mightbe near by.  That said about 4 years ago I found an allegen where I did not expect to find one and it helpped me better understand what some parents go through.

See we don't deal with food allergies so I really don't read labels for them, but sometimes I read them just to read them.  This was the case when I read a peanut allery warning on a package of red hots candy.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Boy you haven't been looking very hard. On my can of cashews, below the ingredients (cashews, peanut and/or canola and/or cottonseed oil, sea salt) it says "Contains: cashews. May contain trace amounts of (a bunch of other nuts): 

There are a bunch of stupid people around.

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

I could have told you that a year or so  ago when I notice an allergy warning on a can of Wal-mart tuna fish.  It read "Allegry warning contains tuna" 

I looked at my dh as if shocked and said something like, "OMG this can of TUNA contains tuna I alwaysthought tuna contained salmon"  Noiw dh doesn't get my humor but our now 6 year old and a couple people who saw it just cracked up.

Recntly I bought some fresh-frozen fish and the package read "contains fish".  I mean really?  Are there not some things that the consumer should naturally assume contains certain ingrediants?

AllofFive19
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Yes, I can understand that part, too. But I expect my cashews to contain cashews, as should everyone else.

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

This part I can understand, although granted on cashews or any nut seems obvious other nuts mightbe near by.  That said about 4 years ago I found an allegen where I did not expect to find one and it helpped me better understand what some parents go through.

See we don't deal with food allergies so I really don't read labels for them, but sometimes I read them just to read them.  This was the case when I read a peanut allery warning on a package of red hots candy.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Boy you haven't been looking very hard. On my can of cashews, below the ingredients (cashews, peanut and/or canola and/or cottonseed oil, sea salt) it says "Contains: cashews. May contain trace amounts of (a bunch of other nuts): 

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM
I see 3 too. Lol

Quoting Terpsichore:

THREE? j/k

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Exactly. What do you think will be next? Allergy warnings on fresh produce?
Quoting AllofFive19:

Yes, I can understand that part, too. But I expect my cashews to contain cashews, as should everyone else.

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Quoting AllofFive19:

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Oh my.  LOL!

AllofFive19
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Of course:

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM
LOL close but I was thinking more of picking up an apple and seeing a label reading "contains apples and possibly seeds" got to cover that choking hazard too.
Quoting AllofFive19:

Of course:

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN