Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I Hate Party Favors

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
  • 43 Replies
Not gonna lie, I hate giving and receiving them. Most of the time its junk and I hate taking it home. Very rarely do I find anything useful about them, especially from kids birthday parties. Everything breaks in 5 minutes and its such a waste. And since when did we have to give someone something for coming to our party? I just think they're weird.
But my friend wants party favors for her shower. I have NO idea what would be good without breaking the bank. Anyone have any suggestions? She has champagne taste, this is a beer budget LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Put m'n'm's in cute boxes and tie a ribbon around around them? Put fortune cookies in take out boxes and write "wishing good fortune to mom and baby" on them. I am all over for something food related that way they can eat it and it can be cheap. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Yesterday at 5:20 PM
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM
maybie for kids stickers..or for baby shower a small pick from for new babies pick..or just a sweet thank u note ..
occumommy
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I am all for food favors! like cookies shaped like booties on a stick or cute packeging for candies, also I ike going t the dollar store an buying mini frames, andtaking them home and decorating the with things like butons, in the space wherea picture would go write a "thank you"

lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM
My friend just did favors with baby food jars, covered the lids w fabric (id paint them for less) filled w m&ms (perfect time for cute baby shower colors bc of easter) and tied a ribbon w the persons name and thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM
And my friend did baskets from the dollarstore and filled them with pink m&ms and pink hershey kisses and uses them for center pieces on the tables for my shower. Double duty. And the baskets i still use for organization in dds room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM
You could always bake cookies or brownies or a fav dessert she loves. Wrap in pretty celophane w a ribbon and thank you note
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM
That's a great idea! Since it is zebra and hot pink theme you can either get fabric or maybe the fancy duct tape. You can post on free cycle that you are looking for baby food jars.

Quoting lillucky8:

My friend just did favors with baby food jars, covered the lids w fabric (id paint them for less) filled w m&ms (perfect time for cute baby shower colors bc of easter) and tied a ribbon w the persons name and thank you

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BostonMomma08
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM
For my shower we did little tiny gift bags with blue and white after dinner mints, and I got these little plastic clothes pins and attached a picture of my son to them (he was born at 29 weeks and was 3 months old by the time we had the shower...) The were cheap and adorable. We got 50 of the bags for $3, 10 bags of mints for $1 each, the clips were $2 for 50 and the photos (wallet sized) cost $3 each for a sheet of 16, so $9 for 3 sheets. So we got favors for 48 people for $24! There were more like 60 people there but we did Jack and Jill and mostly just the women and kids took them, I think we had 4-5 left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I think food favors are best because they get used. Bake some pink cherry cookies with chocolate chips or strawberry lemonade cupcakes. You can also do m&ms
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are some cute paper cones you could make out of colored papers and pastel dinner mints or M&Ms.

These little pacifiers are easy to make, too.  Just a couple of lifesavers and a jelly belly jelly bean "glued" together with royal icing.

Little squares of fabric, folded into a little diaper and filled with pastel dinner mints, M&Ms or jelly bellies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)