Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swiffer Wet Jet

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 20 Replies
Does anyone have a Swiffer Wet Jet and make their own cleaning solutions and clothes for it?
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, I do.  I have micro cloths that I fashioned to fit.

As for the cleaner, I have a gallon jug I fill with water, 1/4 white vinegar and 15 drops of my favorite esssential oil.  

The cap on the reservoir is self-locking but ultimately it's just plain old PET plastic. Dunk the cap in hot water to soften the plastic, twist it off, and then clip off the little locking tabs with a pair of nail clippers. Your previously locked Wet Jet reservoir is now a plain old refillable bottle.

jilligan362
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Where do you purchase your essential oils from?
matreshka
by Valerie on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Yes. I just use old tshirts cut to fit, I soak them in a lemon juice solution and let dry to increase the static cling.  I use my homemeade allpurpose cleaner which is water, white vinegar and a mix of essentail oils that are anti-microbial.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Did you simply buy some microfiber cloth at the fabric store?

Quoting specialwingz:

As for the cleaner, I have a gallon jug I fill with water, 1/4 white vinegar and 15 drops of my favorite esssental oil.  

The cap on the reservoir is self-locking but ultimately it's just plain old PET plastic. Dunk the cap in hot water to soften the plastic, twist it off, and then clip off the little locking tabs with a pair of nail clippers. Your previously locked Wet Jet reservoir is now a plain old refillable bottle.

polkaspots
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I have something like the swiffer wet jet, but without the bottle. I use a spray bottle of water and store bought floor cleaner. I only have two rooms and the connecting hallway to clean so I do it every day. I usually hand wash the one it came with and throw it in with the towels once a week. I tried to make another one once, but it ended up being too small so I use it on the table.
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I have the Rubbermaid spray mop thing that came with a microfiber washable pad and "fill with your own cleaner" sprayer. I like it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I don't have the Swiffer. As their soap bottles are not refillable.  I have the Libman one that is the same thing.  It has a refillable bottle.  So you can use any soap in it. I have some reuseable pads for it. Then have made a couple that I posted about some time back. That you make out of old socks.

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Actually, I bought a package that held 2 large square microfiber cloths.  I just cut them in half and went from there.  So, I have 4 of them.  The head of your Swiffer is 4 1/2" X 10 1/2".  That will help you determine if what you see in the stores will be big enough.  I just got lucky and stumbled across some good sized microfiber cloths.  And, was able to cut them in half, fold each end to form a pocket, do a little stitching and Ta-da!

I suppose you might find some by the yard at Jo-Ann's or someplace like that.  I would call and ask.  I do know a lady who couldn't find any and she used cloth diapers to make hers.  They seem to work well, too.  I just prefer the "knappier" fiber of the microfiber rather than the smoothness of the diaper.  But, she's happy with them. So, apparently they work.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Did you simply buy some microfiber cloth at the fabric store?

Quoting specialwingz:

As for the cleaner, I have a gallon jug I fill with water, 1/4 white vinegar and 15 drops of my favorite esssental oil.  

AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I use to have 1 and I really liked it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)