Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Haha Who Knew...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this
A new mixer would make me "the best wife and mom in the world" according the hubby and kids.

This morning I made Blueberry buttermilk pancakes from scratch and they turned out amazing and the kids loved them. I didn't do a cost breakdown but I do know I only used 2cups of flour and buttermilk and 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of butter and sugar. And got way more mix than I would if I did half a box of pancake mix that still calls for 2cups of milk and 2 eggs. And it tastes much better. It also didn't take much time to mix a few more ingredients into a mixing bowl than it does for a box mix. And I can do that ahead of time. I fed me and 3 kids this morning and saved some mix to cook some for hubby tomorrow since he's off.

Dh LOVED his peanut butter cookies and cinnamon bread. I will make another loaf of cinnamon bread on Saturday to bring to my moms house to have for breakfast before church on Easter.

Tonight I am making homemade mashed tators. CAN'T wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
occumommy
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Lol, i make most things from scratch because it usually works out a LOT cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie03
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Lol new toys are fun!
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Im learning to now. its much easier with the right tools. :-)

Quoting occumommy:

Lol, i make most things from scratch because it usually works out a LOT cheaper.
TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
yeah they are. Im pretty sure I won't be using it daily or even twice daily as it gets older but I will use it a lot more than my old crappy
hand mixer

Quoting Stacie03:

Lol new toys are fun!
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

LOL that rocks

JakeandEmmasMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That is awesome!

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Glad you're getting a lot of use from it!

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

YUM!  Sounds like you're puttin' that thing to work for ya!  Isn't that thing AWESOME?

TheBabyFactory4
by Catherine on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
yes it is. I decided last minute last night to make brownies from scratch. they are gone. :-)

Quoting specialwingz:

YUM!  Sounds like you're puttin' that thing to work for ya!  Isn't that thing AWESOME?

KateyBrands
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I made scratch brownies and frosting the other day and DH has been eating a huge brownie every day when he gets home! Lol. Kitchen aids are pricey, but soooooooo worth it!!!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)