Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Oil Cleansing Method??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 16 Replies

So I'm looking into reducing my "beauty" expenses and have been reading into oil cleansing.  

Anyone try this or do it already??  Looking for some first hand experience.

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Sorry I have no clue.

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes. I use 50/50 Castor oil and olive oil. I love it! It makes my skin so soft and glowing. Here is what I do: Massage oil blend onto dry skin for 1 minute. Wet wash cloth with hot water and place over face to steam, re-wet wash cloth and "steam" several times. Wipe off oil with wet wash cloth, rinse and repeat. Make sure to wipe off oil really well or breakouts may occur. No moisturizer is needed. Do this every or every other day. Give this method a try for at least 1 week. You won't regret it. Remember, skin needs time to adjust.

mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:15 AM

P.S. I have combination skin (really dry and really oily) with large pores, prone to blackheads and this works great. Oil dissolves oil without stripping the skin.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Oooh!! Thanks so much!! I decided to go for it and used a 3/1 blend of castor oil/olive oil. I have acne prone skin with horrible hormonal tendencies. I'm so hoping it helps!

Quoting mamabearlehman:

Yes. I use 50/50 Castor oil and olive oil. I love it! It makes my skin so soft and glowing. Here is what I do: Massage oil blend onto dry skin for 1 minute. Wet wash cloth with hot water and place over face to steam, re-wet wash cloth and "steam" several times. Wipe off oil with wet wash cloth, rinse and repeat. Make sure to wipe off oil really well or breakouts may occur. No moisturizer is needed. Do this every or every other day. Give this method a try for at least 1 week. You won't regret it. Remember, skin needs time to adjust.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I might try this. Thanks! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Heather on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I've never heard of it, but I have oily skin so I don't think I could try it

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Oil cuts through oil. As long as its non-comedogenic (evoo, sunflower oil, jojoba, tea tree, evening primrose...) are all good oils for your skin. I was reading that coconut oil is not good for this, but can be used with a cleanser. I have oily, acne prone skin. I've been using it since Thursday night and love that (1) my skin is smoother (2) my skin is softer (3) my skin tone looks so even (and I've been using $30+ stuff for months and it never looked like this) and (4) my face looks pretty good in the morning! LOL. It has helped my acne not be so angry: red and flaky. I'm impressed. So far. My husband even asked if if I started using a prescription. Im using 3/4 cup castor oil and 1/4 cup evoo. I was going to post an update next Friday.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

I've never heard of it, but I have oily skin so I don't think I could try it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:37 AM

TFS, I've use olive oil and I like it. I heard good things about Castor oil. Where can I find it?

Quoting mamabearlehman:

specialwingz
by Corey on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

When I bake potatoes, I always rub the skins with olive oil and pat on some sea salt. My hands are so solft after rinsing them off!  I've always been afraid of applying oil to my face due to my oiily areas.  I've always used oil-free products.  But, after some of the testimonies here, I might be willing to give it a shot.  I have plenty of EVOO.  Just no castor oil.  Will have to pick some up tomorrow, I guess.

mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I found it at Walmart near the baby laxatives. It was less that $3 for about 8 or 10 oz.

Quoting BeachLifeMama:

TFS, I've use olive oil and I like it. I heard good things about Castor oil. Where can I find it?

Quoting mamabearlehman:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)