Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Would you buy your 15yr old dd a Coach handbag?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 94 Replies

My sister Mary is all about spending money on nice things. Well it's her money.  She can do what she wants with it.   I notice her 15yr old dd had a coach hand bag. Not a big one. One of the smaller ones.  Wow I thought.  Who buys their teen dd that.   I look on the Coach website.  Find a handbag that looks pretty close to the one my niece had. It was 178$.  I would never buy myself a purse that cost that much.   I don't think I've ever spent more than 20$ on a purse for myself.  Me don't see what's the  big thing about Coach handbags.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I am with you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Only if it was outlet and it would cost $20. Purses are a dime a dozen. Why spend so much?
lillucky8
by Jen on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt for a kiddo, i just got myself one though :) from the outlet super cheap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrunchyMamas
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM

I live in a military town and these ladies yard sale their coach purses for like $40. Maybe try to find a knock off or a used one ? 

nikabear
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:48 AM
My daughter got her first coach bag at 14.....
LucyHarper
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I wouldn't buy a coach bag for my child no matter how old they are. I find them to be ridiculously priced.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this

No. I'm 54 and recently bought the most expensive handbag I've ever had, it was $40. But, it looks like a million bucks!

Shopsha0911
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:11 AM

They are for people that want to be like everyone else. It's no different than Air Jordan's, Jordache Jeans, and Calvin Klein  back in the 80's and 90's. People that have money don't spend money on this stuff!

romalove
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Yes and I have.
NocturnesAngel
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

To me, it all depends how your child treats his/her items.

If I had a child that tossed and left their stuff everywhere then No, but since the ones I have raised are respectful of their things Yes, I spend money on Quality Items.

That being said, I also use Coupons and Shop during Sales.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)