Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Food for toddler's bday party?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm planning my 2 yr old's bday party & am renting a pavillion at a playground. I'm having the party from 2-4, so it'll be between lunch & dinner... so I'm hoping that'll save me some money on food. That being said, I still want SOMETHING there to munch on. I'm going to do chips & dip and maybe some fruit skewers.. any other ideas? It's outdoors, so nothing that desperately needs to stay cold. There will be a grill there, also.

THANKS!! :D

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommychelle01
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

BUMP!

Maryloe
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Cheese with crackers to Munch on maybe
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM

barbecue some chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers.  You just have to cut them up into bite size pieces for the little ones.  Have a kiddie snack table with like Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, Gerber Yogurt melts, animal crackers.  Meal wise--barbecue items mentioned above, corn on the cob, fruit salad, potato salad, macaroni salad (a large bowl with some ice or a cooler can hold these items.  Cupcakes or cake pops and a small smash cake just for your 2 yr old.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Hot dogs and bithday cake! And be sure to have bubbles for the kids, they are cheap and fun.

lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM

i would say hotdogs also. have a table with goldfish crackers, miniature marshmallows and different snacks they can eat on there. i would do cupcakes as they can handle them better.

lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I usually do cheese n crackers, veggie platter, fruit platter, taco dip sometimes and cake or cupcakes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Pigs in a blanket are always a huge hit..esp if any of the dads are attending lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Veggie Tray, Chicken Finger Tray, cheese cubes and crackers

occumommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
I usually do chips dip pretzel rods. Fruit tray, veggie tray. And cake/cupcakes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
For a 2 year old I would do fruit like cut up strawberries, cantaloup, watermelon

Little sandwiches for the kids, hamburgers for the parents
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN