Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

My Cheap Bedroom Switch

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

The kids wanted to switch bedrooms so we let them.  However painting over the paint colors was tricky.  However, we have made DS's room awesome.  We live in Iowa so we painted his room black and yellow after the Hawkeyes.  Hubby painted the blades on the fan to match.  DS's bday is tomorrow and for his bday I found a black queen sized comforter marked down to $10 at Target orginaly $45, I got him yellow sheets for $14, a body pillow for $8 and a cover for the body pillow on clearanc for $4.  So his bedding is set and it equals as a bday gift.  DD has a black antique tv stand that she didnt want in her room anymore so DS is using it as a place for all his Imaginext stuff.  I got black black out curtains last year on clearnce for $2 a pair so we have to put those up yet.  I am going through some more stuff in the garage attic and in the basement and seeing what else I can come up with to decorate his room.  But so far it has cost less than $100 to totallly remodel his room and that was my budget.  I am also going to try to find cheap picutre frames at garage sales because I have an old calendar that has Hawkeye pics that are pretty cool that I want to display on his walls.  And hubby and I have some Hawkeye stuff we are putting in his room that we have recieved over the years.  I am just happy that I was able to totally remodel his room the way he wanted it and spend until $100 doing so.  Plus for his bday I think some of his grandparents are gettng him stuff for his room so that wont cost us anything.  Next up is to see how cheap I can remodel DD's room.  YIKES!!

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Good for you! He's going to love it!

lady-t3984
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM
What a birthday gift. I alway say,the best way to go shopping is within your home. I'm trying to rearrange my bedroom too,but I need help. Happy B-Day to your son!
a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
That's great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That's really great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Melissa on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

good job!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Awesome! He's going to love it!!
Happy Birthday to him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
e.sugarbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

YAY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN