Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

That time of year again YARD SALES :)

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

I love when the weather starts getting nicer and yard sales start back up.

I think I did pretty good today.  Was looking for a Fisher Price Learning House (which retails for $89.99) and found one at a yard sale today for $15.  Barely used, excellent condition and all the pieces were there!

My 7 year old daughter is currently taking drum lessons but once mentioned thinking about playing the flute in the band when she gets older.  I saw one today, not in too bad of shape.  Needs a good polishing up, but they wanted $25 for it.  I only had $22 left out of my yard sale fund and they accepted that.  

I was hoping to score big on some clothes for myself.  Maybe next time.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I am so excited by garage sales coming up.  Our neighboring town has there city wide garage sales April 19 and our town has them the first weekend in May I believe.  I also have one to sell my stuff as well.  This year I am looking for clothes for the kids, as well as shoes, any sports equipment and stuff to decorate the kids rooms and the house.  I love finding stuff and garage sales and then repurposing it for something in the house. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I love garage sales....can't pass one by.  You never know what you'll find. 

matreshka
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM
ours will probably start at the end of the month. I love multi family tag sales.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Woohoo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Woo-hoo! I'm stoked!!!

MrsWhite101610
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM
My town has it the first weekend of May too. I can't wait.

Quoting paytonleximomma:

I am so excited by garage sales coming up.  Our neighboring town has there city wide garage sales April 19 and our town has them the first weekend in May I believe.  I also have one to sell my stuff as well.  This year I am looking for clothes for the kids, as well as shoes, any sports equipment and stuff to decorate the kids rooms and the house.  I love finding stuff and garage sales and then repurposing it for something in the house. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I love yard sales!  I belong to an indoor yard sale group for my town on facebook.  I get yard sale deals all year round!  ;-) 

lillucky8
by Jen on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Flutes last forever! I have one that i got in third grade used. Ull need to bring it for a cleaning and to have the pads replaced. The best thing for her to use to clean each time she uses is an old cloth diaper, the flat kind, not the new fancy ones. Mine is still in.great shape
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dabberdoo
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Mom and I just went to some yard sales this morning. Got some great deals. I love yard sales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funkycat
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM

If you know about the items you are looking for you can really do well. I also depend on thrift stores and Habitat For Humanity Re-store, and the re-sale stores that help fund service organizations in my community.I also give away and recieve items on my local freecycle site. I scored a deep 7' corner cabinet set that would have gone in a retail shop with mirror back walls for my in home studio, for $25.00. The mirrors alone would have been over $250.00 to 300.00 if I have done this through a glass shop, and the cabinet materials  over $75.00, and I'd have to build them myself. I use it for fittings and have a curtain on a half-hoop for privacy for my clients to change and do their fittings. I paid $25.00 for a delivery, and getting them into the house took 2 hours of turning draging and scooting. I have some miss tinted paint I got for $4.00 to spruce them up. I'm going to post some extra bed frames on craigslist, or maybe a yard sale is in my future... Mid May?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)