Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

I wish we never bought our Sleep Number bed

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

We've had our Sleep Number like 7 years now. When we needed a new mattress and box spring for our bed. We went looking around.  We stop at the Sleep Number store.  Dh fell in love with the bed.  Me was ok with it. But would of liked something else better.  But agree to get the Sleep Number bed.  It was good the first couple years.  Then it seemed not so good.  Dh would put his side of the bed at a lower number.  Mine was more up.  It seemed like I'd roll over. I'd sink in towards dh.  It was getting uncomfortable. Then recently well in the last year the connectors wore out.  They insisted I had to buy new bladders for the bed. That cost almost 150$.  That they gave me a extra set of connectors.  When all I needed really was the connectors. But went around in circles with them.  They were saying well just fixing the connectors will not fix my problem bla bla bla.How do you know the bladders don't have a leak.  I agree on new bladders.Figuring they might be right.  As at that point dh's side was not holding air. due to the connector being broke. I couldn't rig it up like my side when it broke.  We know for a fact the bladders did not have a leak.    It just seems like the bed is saggy in the middle when dh wants his side lower. If both sides are similar in how much air is in it.  No saggy problem. Then it seemed the foam mattress pad that goes underneath the mattress cover on top of the bladders is worn out.  Like all kind of flattened out from laying on the bed.  Dh is tall and big.  Not fat.  But does weigh 210 pounds. I was not about to call Sleep Number to ask about that foam pad. I could just imagine what they'd try to charge me for a new one.  So I went to Anna's Linens by our house. They had a foam mattress pad topper for 16$ for a full size bed.  I got that. Put it in the mattress cover along with the other pad.  Was still able to zip it up. Hopefully that fixes that problem.   Now our son just bought a new bed. He got a Comfortpedic.  He said it's the competetor to the Temperpedic.   It came with a 15yr full warrantee and a extra 10yrs limited warranty.  He paid as much as we paid for our sleep number bed.  That I got without the bed frame.  He got a really nice bed frame with his. They also threw 2 pillows in made of the temperpedic material That were selling separately 100$ for 2.  Dh don't want to change beds.  We just don't have the money for a new mattress if I wanted one. 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

We have a Tempurpedic knock off mattress that we've had for 7 yrs and it's still like new and is like sleeping on a cloud!We tried a sleepnumber bed before we bought the one we have and didn't even like it for the 5 minutes we tried it out.

Jguevara
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I didn't read your whole story but we also have a sleep number bed. I regret buying it. we had several problems with it deflating when we first bought it. The customer service is terrible and the bed is not so comfortable.

matreshka
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM
if u have a bobs discount furniture near you I highly recommend the bobopedic. I've had mine for 10 yes and several moves. so comfy and much cheaper than a tempopedic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

They were nice when we bought it.  It wasn't till we had it 7yrs I had to contact anyone about it.  I think it was made of poor quality products.  I can remember 1st my connector goes. Then some months later dh's connector goes.  They're excuse saying I had the hose hanging the wrong way.  That's why they broke.  Basically making it my fault for how we assembed our bed.   They were going to charge me way more for the replacement bladders and anything else they thought we might need.  I said well then I might as well scrap the Sleep Number bed.  Spend the money on something else.  They didn't want that.  So then they said well lets see now.  They put me on hold a bit. Come back. Then said well we can waive the shipping cost and something else on them new bladders.  Or my bill would of been over 200$. The bed is basically a piece of crap to me.  We don't have several or so hundred to buy another decent mattress.  Dh says after I fixed it.  He's fine with it.  So he don't want to get a new mattress.

Quoting Jguevara:

I didn't read your whole story but we also have a sleep number bed. I regret buying it. we had several problems with it deflating when we first bought it. The customer service is terrible and the bed is not so comfortable.

Gorilla_Mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM

That stinks! DH and I had a sleep number bed in a hotel we stayed at and one night was enough for us! Not a fan

chrissysnow22
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I'm sorry that sucks

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I went on the Sleep Number bed site.  Under testimonials. I wrote a bad review of the bed.  That I would never buy that bed again.  Nor would I recommend it to anyone.  Told them it was poor quality.  Then heard a new mattress cover thing. What the bladders go inside of.  That could cost 500$.  That's half the price about of the bed.  Heck no.

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

That stinks! DH and I had a sleep number bed in a hotel we stayed at and one night was enough for us! Not a fan

PinkButterfly66
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We have a Comfortaire pillowtop and love ours.  We've had ours about 4 yrs now.  The air bladder on my husband's side sprung a leak and they sent us a new one no charge. The year before that, the pump broke. They sent us a new one. They've been nothing but a pleasure to deal with.  Sorry you don't like your sleep number.  

a_and_j_momma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
How frustrating. I am sorry
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tammyyarbrough
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM

sarcasm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)